U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 04:43 PM

750 posts, read 1,928,803 times
Question Transportation between Love Field and Arlington

My son and I will be flying in to see the Cowboys play in their new stadium at the end of September. We're scheduled to fly into Love Field (plane tickets are already purchased) during the morning on game day (MNF).

It looks like I can swing transportation to the game from several local hotels via the Arlington Trolley. My difficulty has been trying to figure out how best to get to our hotel from Love Field. I haven't made a lodging reservation just yet, hoping that maybe one of the hotels offers a free shuttle to/from the airport. But so far, no luck.

Can anyone tell if they know of a local Arlington hotel that offers shuttle service to/from Love Field? Short of that, does anyone have any recommendations on a reasonably priced/reliable shuttle service?

I could also get a rental car (which would probably cost less than a round trip shuttle), but the hassle and timing of returning it the following (early) morning before our flight leaves is something I would prefer to avoid.

Any thoughtful suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Chap
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 04:48 PM
JS1

1,899 posts, read 3,906,015 times
Renting a car at Love Field is very easy.

Old 07-24-2009, 05:22 PM

3,680 posts, read 7,461,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post
Renting a car at Love Field is very easy.

I agree. I would be much quicker and cheaper to rent a car a drive to Arlington. My guess that most hotel shuttle services will be from DFW not Lovefield.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:35 PM

4,608 posts, read 4,954,793 times
Love Field shouldn't be a difficult to return rental car airport.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:22 PM

6,586 posts, read 16,178,790 times
Arlington has a trolley? Really? I didn't know that.

Old 07-24-2009, 10:41 PM

14,555 posts, read 26,987,203 times
there is no Arlington hotel that has shuttle to Love--it is too far
most of them don't even have shuttle to DFW and it is half the distance to Arlington that Love is

there is SuperShuttle that MIGHT take you to Arlington from Love Field but it would drop off other riders between Love and Arlington so that would slow you down...
or you could get an execu car--this is the fare to the Sheraton hotel which is by convention center/Ranger Stadium
Airport Shuttles Bus Quote: SuperShuttle Go Airport Shuttle Xpress Shuttle - RideFlyReservations.com (http://rideflyreservations.com/fare_quote/landmark_select - broken link)

numbers for services on this web page for Love--
Dallas Love Field Parking and Ground Transportation (http://www.dallas-lovefield.com/parkingtransportation/parkingtransportation.html - broken link)

rent a car -- what hassle--have you looked at Love field--the facilities are probably the smallest that you will fly in/out of on a jet plane...some rental facilities are on airport property (Dollar/Hertz/Advantage/Avis/Thrifty) and some are "off the field" but they are a block away for the most part and there is shuttle that takes maybe 10 min to make a round trip pickup

Old 07-25-2009, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
Arlington has a trolley? Really? I didn't know that.
From what I understand, yes. If it turns out to be a total fabrication, I may be screwed.

Chap

Old 07-25-2009, 08:14 AM

6,586 posts, read 16,178,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaparral View Post
From what I understand, yes. If it turns out to be a total fabrication, I may be screwed.

Chap
Oh, interesting. It's only for hotel guests going to the entertainment venues - Six Flags, Hurricane Harbor, Rangers stadium, Cowboys stadium, but it says in the case of Cowboy events you have to get a pass and there won't be enough for anyone.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:23 AM

Thanks for all the responses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
there is no Arlington hotel that has shuttle to Love--it is too far
most of them don't even have shuttle to DFW and it is half the distance to Arlington that Love is

there is SuperShuttle that MIGHT take you to Arlington from Love Field but it would drop off other riders between Love and Arlington so that would slow you down...
or you could get an execu car--this is the fare to the Sheraton hotel which is by convention center/Ranger Stadium
Airport Shuttles Bus Quote: SuperShuttle Go Airport Shuttle Xpress Shuttle - RideFlyReservations.com (http://rideflyreservations.com/fare_quote/landmark_select - broken link)

numbers for services on this web page for Love--
Dallas Love Field Parking and Ground Transportation (http://www.dallas-lovefield.com/parkingtransportation/parkingtransportation.html - broken link)

rent a car -- what hassle--have you looked at Love field--the facilities are probably the smallest that you will fly in/out of on a jet plane...some rental facilities are on airport property (Dollar/Hertz/Advantage/Avis/Thrifty) and some are "off the field" but they are a block away for the most part and there is shuttle that takes maybe 10 min to make a round trip pickup
L2R: What you've described with the hotels and shuttle services is basically the same thing I've come across. I was hoping someone might know about something I had overlooked. Guess not.

Regarding a rental, I'm anticipating getting back to my hotel from the game around midnight or so. I have an early morning flight back home the next morning. Getting a rental will require that I get up that much earlier in order to return it before boarding my flight. But I suppose I'm not really gaining much (in time/sleep) with the shuttle option anyway, aside from letting someone else do the driving . At this point, it looks like the rental option is the best one.

My wife has been through Love Field and highly recommends that if I get a rental, to go with a company located "on site", so your listing will prove quite helpful! Thanks again!

Chap

Old 07-25-2009, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
Oh, interesting. It's only for hotel guests going to the entertainment venues - Six Flags, Hurricane Harbor, Rangers stadium, Cowboys stadium, but it says in the case of Cowboy events you have to get a pass and there won't be enough for anyone.
Yup. That is why my first order of business will be securing one of these passes once I've made my reservation.

Chap
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas