Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 10:54 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lh_newbie View Post
Galore - we're weighing all our options. My concern about spending too much on a fence is over-improving for my neighborhood. Don't want to go wasting my money. I haven't seen a single non-wood fence in my neighborhood. Most of them are pine or cedar. There are a handful of motorized gates though the neighborhood, so I feel this wouldn't be overkill.

TTA - yup, the openness is what we're going for. We don't have outdoor pets, so the gate won't create an issue. I've seen people put a 4' simple iron gate between the "yard" and the driveway to keep dogs from escaping. That's a nice way to maintain the open feel gained with the motorized gate.
I WANT ONE!!!!!

We were going to do this same thing at our previous house and it would have worked w/ the 3-car garage/drive. We had a HUGE backyard but we still wanted the privacy of the sliding gate across the drive and the kids could ride bikes or play ball there and not have to worry about the traffic in the alley. Was going to put the wrought iron fence to seperate the drive from the yard but w/ a wood fence/gate.

Our new house.......... no can do It would be more for privacy and safety but I'd leave up the hurricane fence for the backyard. We can't do it as the entire alley behind us curves. We could only do one that swings open into the drive but that would prevent a car from being parked there. So no can co

There are a couple in our neighborhood that have them and I do love them. One even has one of the garage door keypads on theirs on the outside. Not a bad idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 07:41 AM

2,394 posts, read 8,595,792 times
FYI: We got a reasonable quote from Northlake Fence. We saw their plaques on several fences in the area, as well as had several folks from the neighborhood recommend them.

Unfortunately, we have more projects on our list than funds to do them, so the fence is on hold. The big projects remaining include: windows, kitchen, fence, driveway replacement, patio replacement/expansion and landscaping. We've decided that windows + kitchen are the priority over the next year, but are very happy with our quote for the fence and this is definitely in the next round of improvements.

Brian

Old 11-09-2009, 10:49 AM

18 posts, read 60,584 times
Brian
If you dont mind, what is the quote that you got? We're in the same boat. It is one of the projects on our list, but will probably be deferred to next year.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:13 PM

2,394 posts, read 8,595,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by venus_dallas View Post
Brian
If you dont mind, what is the quote that you got? We're in the same boat. It is one of the projects on our list, but will probably be deferred to next year.
I didn't post the quote because it was very specific... it included some iron fencing as well. The quote process from Northlake Fence was quite simple - we coordinated a short visit where the guy took some measurements, asked a few questions and the next day I had a quote. It was very simple and painless, so I would strongly suggest you just call and get that done so you have an accurate quote.

Brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: