Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 09:06 PM

17 posts, read 53,725 times

Advertisements

Hey Everyone, as I have said in past post my wife and I are move back to Texas, well I am,she is a Phx native, and it has been 19 years for me, from Garland (GO OWLS) anyways it looks like the growth has been crazy there. I was thinking of the Sherman/Denison area but the realtor I am working with said the jobs are drying up (?) and most jobs are around McKinney/Plano. BTW I am an Engineering/R&D tech. So when I look at surrounding areas Pilot Point looks close enough to the jobs but also cheaper than other areas. We are looking to spend 100k to 150k for a home and NOT some cookie cutter, Any input would be great
Thanks so much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2006, 08:08 AM

806 posts, read 2,884,007 times
Pilot Point would be quite a drive into McKinney and Plano. It's not the distance mind you, it's the volume of traffic that will annoy you daily. You may want to consider locations a little further south. Prosper, Aubrey and Krugerville come to mind. They're still fairly small but have some existing and growing communities. There's a lot of development happening on HWy 380 west of McKinney that may interest you. Mention it to your realtor and see what he/she says.

Old 08-27-2007, 02:53 PM

2 posts, read 7,655 times
Pilot Point is a good choice. It's a little further north than Aubrey and Krugerville, but that is also reflected in lower pricing. Pilot Point has several new housing developments about to start construction and retail expansion is also underway. The extra 5 to 15 minutes may be worth it.

Old 01-27-2008, 12:11 PM

17 posts, read 62,935 times
My husband and I live with our 3 children for the past 3 years and we love it here. It is quite a drive from the metroplex but we feel that its worth it. The schools are great and the people are wonderful!

Old 01-27-2008, 01:47 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,800,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcrow View Post
BTW I am an Engineering/R&D tech. So when I look at surrounding areas Pilot Point looks close enough to the jobs but also cheaper than other areas.
Thought you might be interested in hearing about Rockwall Collins expansion in Richardson since you're an Engineering/R&D tech:

Rockwell Collins to add jobs in Richardson | Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | Latest News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/012408dnbusrockwell.4eb3d972.html - broken link)

Welcome back home to Texas!

Old 01-27-2008, 05:47 PM

1,488 posts, read 5,236,942 times
There is a new golf course housing development going in at Gunter, but I believe the price range is about $300,000 and up.

Old 01-27-2008, 06:25 PM

24 posts, read 102,797 times
There is a new subdivision in Prosper. It's a great neighborhood and close to 380 and Dallas North Tollway. There are big plans for retail development around the area too. Here is the link: Centex Homes - Artesia - The Falls neighborhood in Prosper TX

Old 01-27-2008, 06:41 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,460,676 times
Pilot Point is the ideal location to what?

Old 01-27-2008, 08:52 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,148,252 times
If you are looking to work in McKinney/Plano why not just move to either one?
I know Raytheon is in McKinney plus many more employers. Look at zipcode 75069 and you will find many older homes (not cookie cutter) in Mckinney with beautfiful mature trees close to everything. Pilot Point is WAY out there.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:30 PM

1 posts, read 3,984 times
Default Home town

I know Pilot Point seems pretty far out but it is worth it. I call pilot point home and wouldnt want to live anywhere else. The tollway will be in the area pretty soon so drive times will be lower and the people in Pilot Point are the nicest you will ever meet. Growth is very slow right now so if your looking for a brand new home there are not as many of them but they are out there. There are a couple of divisions going in. If you have any question about the town I will be more than happy to help answer them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas