Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2007, 02:41 PM

1 posts, read 9,878 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to the DFW metroplex this summer and based on what I have read in this forum ( and on other sites), my wife and I have decided to look for a place in Colleyville. While speaking to a Dallas-based realtor on the phone, he said that some sections of Colleyville are in the Keller ISD and other sections are in the Grapevine-Colleyville ISD and that I should take this into consideration when looking for a place in Colleyville.
I have not heard this from anyone else and have no idea if this is relevant. From what I have read online I get the impression that Keller also has really good schools. Should I be concerned about this?
Pls help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2007, 04:29 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,425,035 times
I would go to greatschools.net so you can compare the schools given on a particular house that you are looking at. The Keller ISD is a great ISD, but like everywhere out here in North Tarrant County (and you will find more about Keller in Fort Worth forum), it is growing quickly and adding schools.

I think you will find that in most all districts there are some schools that are great and some that aren't so great.

Old 05-09-2007, 02:14 PM

158 posts, read 659,280 times
GCISD has a slightly better academic reputation than Keller, but I don't think it's anything to worry about because they're both very good districts. I hear GCISD gives quite alot of attention to its gifted/AP students.

Old 05-09-2007, 05:11 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,844,229 times
Remington Park and Reatta are two developments on the west side of Colleyville off Precinct Line that are in Keller ISD...I think some of David Bagwell's developments off McDowell School Rd are also in Keller...

Keller ISD ranks second to Carroll ISD/Southlake for school tax rate---GCISD is lower and Keller city tax is higher than Colleyville's ...that kind of surprised me today... HEB ISD's tax rate is higher than GCISD's....

IMO
I would not use a Dallas-based realtor to help me find a home in the Mid-Cities---there is too much site-specific knowledge that someone from out of the area won't know...like builder's quality/easy drives to schools--whether there is bus service to neighborhood --- what about the TRE or the light-rail line under consideration...what about planned tax hikes and development trends....

things that can make a real difference when you buy your home and know that you might have to resell in 3 or 5 years....

realtors get paid whether they are really helpful or not--try to get one that will actually be worth the money...

Old 09-21-2007, 09:25 AM

1 posts, read 9,039 times
Thumbs up Keller Schools

I assume you may have moved here already, but if not I will be glad to help. I am a RE Broker who has lived here 20 years and have children in the Keller ISD, which is great!

Asa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas