Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 07:04 AM

2,394 posts, read 8,593,636 times

Advertisements

3/2's really are the sweet spot - you're smart to look in that direction. My wife and I also didn't want a 2-story. My mother-in-law only has one leg and my parents aren't getting any younger, so we feel a single story was the best option. We also want a home that we don't HAVE to move out of later on, should our mobility be affected. Many of the new homes in CoCo are indeed 2-stories. I had one in Allen. We now have a single story in Lake Highlands and absolutely love it (incidentally, it's a 4/2.5 - which is VERY nice to have a dedicated office since I do work from home a good amount of the time).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2007, 07:39 AM

875 posts, read 1,092,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lh_newbie View Post
3/2's really are the sweet spot - you're smart to look in that direction. My wife and I also didn't want a 2-story. My mother-in-law only has one leg and my parents aren't getting any younger, so we feel a single story was the best option. We also want a home that we don't HAVE to move out of later on, should our mobility be affected. Many of the new homes in CoCo are indeed 2-stories. I had one in Allen. We now have a single story in Lake Highlands and absolutely love it (incidentally, it's a 4/2.5 - which is VERY nice to have a dedicated office since I do work from home a good amount of the time).
That's my situation too......I don't want to have to move, and there is the possibility my parents may need to move in with me at some point.

I live alone so I don't need/want anything larger. I had a 4/2 for years when my sons lived at home. Now, it would just be wasted space.

I would use the 3rd bedroom for a home office too. I've always had a home office even though I didn't work from home. My former husband was a builder, so it was convenient for him too. It comes in very handy!

I've lived in a rural setting since 1986; it's really hard to adjust to having such close neighbors.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:24 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,900,448 times
I love the castle look But we want at least 15,000 sq ft lot (which isn't all that big to some people I'm guessing) Any suggestions on where to find a development within 30 minutes of Baylor Hospital?

Old 12-02-2007, 02:06 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,250,942 times
I take part of some builder's market research in CoCo and they ask professionals in the field that work in the area our input as to what the demand is out there from consumers. In the past several years, my response has almost remained the same where people are always asking for room for "in-law quarters" on the first floor. This means that if you build a floorplan with a master down, you should have another bedroom with a full bath downstairs and an additional half bath. I don't think anyone's parents like to share their bath with visitors hence, the half bath.

If the plan has the master bedroom upstairs, always have another bedroom with full bath downstairs.

Dedicate streets to only one story homes within the subdivision. I do not like the appeal of a single story home surrounded by 2 story homes, say goodbuy to the backyard privacy. However, it takes aways from the diverse look of the street, and end up with cookie cutter look.

The problem with builders in CoCo building more 2 stories is because a one story will require more land (land is more expensive in CoCo.), therefore leaving you with almost a zero lot for a backyard (postage stamp lot) as opposed to a 2 story.

Old 12-02-2007, 02:09 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,250,942 times
Faina00, Check out Rowlett and Rockwall... within 30 minutes of Baylor and the lots are much larger... we ended up moving by lake Ray Hubbard for that exact reason too and we love it.

Old 12-02-2007, 04:00 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,900,448 times
Thanks Naima- we'll check it out and let you know when in town
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas