Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2009, 09:30 AM

1,848 posts, read 4,682,335 times

Advertisements

Hey all, I had lived in Dallas for"ever" before moving...and boy to I miss Dallas! But back on track...

Hubby and I will be visiting this weekend and are looking for a few dog friendly patios for lunch with friends and family. OH, also looking for vegetarian friendly - which rules out Glorias on Greenville btw.

So far I have:

Breadwinners on McKinney - which we love.
State and Allen.

Is there anything any dog lovers can recommend that is a bit further North perhaps in Plano or Richardson? According to a quick search, the law may be working against me on this one. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 06:34 AM

339 posts, read 1,435,679 times
Here's an extensive list, near the bottom of the page, of dog-friendly restaurants: Dog About Town: Honoring St. Francis and more activities this weekend | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Pets | Dallas Morning News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/fea/pets/stories/dogabouttownbf100209.4629e1c.html - broken link)

I never know what patios are super duper 'officially' dog friendly and which places just turn a blind eye unless some dog-hater or germphobe complains. I've rarely been turned away with a dog from any patio in Dallas proper, but I do try and call ahead just in case. I find family friendly places in the burbs a bit stressful--lots of kids shrieking in excitement over the cute puppy is a quick way to draw attention to yourself and the attention of nervous parents and wait staff. So when there is an ordinance to enforce, it's usually places that like.

In Richardson, I'd recommend calling Jaleo/The Barcelona Connection. It's in Galatyn Park off 75, between Campbell and Renner, right across from the Eisemann Center. Ample veggie selections and a sangria to die for. (They have the two name thing going because people keep thinking it's a Tex Mex joint.) There is a huge field just steps away so a bathroom trip is easy. Last week I witnessed the owner of the place corralling a lost dog into the patio and locking the gate just so it wouldn't get run over. He tried to offer it some tapas but the owner came along soon after, lol. That's dog friendly to me, for sure!

Also in Richardson you may try Marcus Cafe in Canyon Creek, off Custer and just S of Renner. Lots of people walking around the neighborhood w/ their dogs and they sometimes pop in for a drink... it's usually a pretty casual vibe.

Always call ahead to verify. I've learned that dog friendly is often code for small dog friendly--even if that small dog isn't so friendly itself, so even if you have the most well behaved biggun, it's a bit harder.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:29 AM

^^ Thanks so much! The locations you mentioned are perfect too.

He is small, a 16 year old terrier mix who weighs about 15 pounds - we love to drive in with him.

Thanks again.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:02 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
Lee Harvey's - 214-428-1555 is the place to take your dog on Sundays! Sorry though it's definitely NOT north.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:43 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,582,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
Hey all, I had lived in Dallas for"ever" before moving...and boy to I miss Dallas! But back on track...

Hubby and I will be visiting this weekend and are looking for a few dog friendly patios for lunch with friends and family. OH, also looking for vegetarian friendly - which rules out Glorias on Greenville btw.
That's weird! I have a vegetarian friend and we go there. He always finds something to eat. Actually last week the waiter offered a new salad with veggies, fruit and vinaigrette.

I've seen people with dogs at Cafe Brazil on Greenville.

Old 10-08-2009, 03:44 PM

67 posts, read 259,017 times
You might try The Pour House on Skillman Street. They've got a veggie burger, but the other food items are basic bar stuff.

Old 10-10-2009, 05:19 PM

we went to the Beckley brewhouse, lots of veggie options - it was great except for the chilly weather, thanks for the other suggestions.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:38 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
Dog About Town: Parading in Deep Ellum and more things to do this weekend | Dallas-Fort Worth Pets - Lifestyles News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas