U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 10:24 PM

271 posts, read 861,886 times
Question How do Remote and Express Parking work at the DFW airport?

Hey fellow Metroplex residents. I need to catch an early morning flight at DFW this coming Saturday. I've opted to park at the airport, since I'm only going to be gone the weekend. So I reason that leaving my car at the airport would be cheaper then getting a cab.

How do Remote and Express Parking work at DFW?

Do I just enter the lots and park wherever?

When will I have to pay? (I do not own a Toll Tag)

Where do I catch the shuttles to the terminals?

Do the lots fill up rather quickly?

I was hoping if any experienced travelers here could walk me through the parking process at DFW.

Thanks all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 01:07 AM
dgz

798 posts, read 1,775,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho-79 View Post
Hey fellow Metroplex residents. I need to catch an early morning flight at DFW this coming Saturday. I've opted to park at the airport, since I'm only going to be gone the weekend. So I reason that leaving my car at the airport would be cheaper then getting a cab.

How do Remote and Express Parking work at DFW?

Do I just enter the lots and park wherever?

When will I have to pay? (I do not own a Toll Tag)

Where do I catch the shuttles to the terminals?

Do the lots fill up rather quickly?

I was hoping if any experienced travelers here could walk me through the parking process at DFW.

Thanks all!
I use Remote North a lot... so I'll use that as an example. You just drive into the Remote North lot and get the little card from the machine at the entry gate and then the gate will go up.

Then you park your car and go to the building across the lot where the buses line up. Usually you don't have to wait more than 5 minutes or so for the bus. There's a bus for each terminal. If you don't know which gate your flight is leaving from, there's a screen with flight information in the building next to the buses (at least for Remote North).

Tell the driver which gate you're leaving at.

When you return back to Dallas, go downstairs and outside to wait for the Remote North bus to take you back to the Remote North lot.

As you're leaving the Remote North lot, the person at the booth will look at your card and tell you how much you owe them for the parking.

The only time I ever have problems finding parking at Remote North is on holiday weekends where lots of people are traveling (such as Labor Day, Memorial Day, etc.).

Old 10-21-2009, 04:45 AM

6,580 posts, read 10,464,280 times
The big difference with the Remote and Express lots is that in Express, the bus comes to you and picks you up just like at the offsite places. In Remote, you have to walk to the bus station with your luggage, and if you're parked in the back of the lot, or it is raining, that's a long walk! Since it is quite cheap, Remote does fill up on busy holiday weekends.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:37 AM

219 posts, read 611,157 times
Remote - entrance is prior to the ticket/toll booths at the airport. You get a ticket when you enter, park where ever you want and then walk to the terminal and a large bus (dart bus size) brings you to your terminal. There are different buses for each terminal but it's clearly marked. I think this is $8/day.

Express - entrance is after going through the normal airport ticket/toll booth. You take your ticket and exit at express north. When you first pull up they will ask if you want covered or uncovered parking. Covered is $11/day and uncovered is $10/day. You go to either the covered lot or the uncovered lot and then put your ticket in the machine that you got from the main airport entrance. It reads your ticket and notates that you're pulling into the express north parking so you don't get charged the $17/day that's charged at the terminals. When you pull into either the covered or uncovered lot they will ask you what gate you're going to and then tell you a specific row number to park on. After you park a smaller bus will come pick you up at your car and then take you to your gate. The bus driver gives you a card with your parking space number. When you get back you just go down to the express pickup area and find an express north bus. You give the bus driver your ticket with your parking space and they take you back to your car. Once back in your car you use your airport parking ticket to exit the remote north parking and go back to the main gate. You give your ticket to the main gate operator and then pay.

The express lot fills up pretty quickly on Monday's from business travelers. It's not too bad on the weekends.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:14 AM

14,555 posts, read 26,987,203 times
you need to allow plenty of time for your shuttle ride to the gate--
remember that people who park in either of these lots can be going to any of the terminals so the drivers of the shuttles will ask where riders are going --
and even if there are only people for Terminal B--they stop at terminals to pick up other remote lot customers--not just drop people off--
so you can take a tour of the airport terminals before getting to yours...

Old 10-21-2009, 08:17 AM

14,874 posts, read 23,002,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
you need to allow plenty of time for your shuttle ride to the gate--
remember that people who park in either of these lots can be going to any of the terminals so the drivers of the shuttles will ask where riders are going --
and even if there are only people for Terminal B--they stop at terminals to pick up other remote lot customers--not just drop people off--
so you can take a tour of the airport terminals before getting to yours...
They don't go to every terminal anymore. Even places like Park n Fly have certain rows of parking for each terminal just like the express & remote lots. This way people are not going to every terminal. Even so, before Park n Fly started doing this the longest we have ever been on a shuttle bus from the parking lot, thru the terminals and all is probably max 15 minutes.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:41 AM

326 posts, read 545,601 times
Remote takes quite a bit longer than Express. The last time I tried Remote the bus for the proper terminal took 20 minutes to arrive, and we almost missed our flight because it serves 2 terminals at a time (and has to circle all the way around). On the return home, we arrived late at night when Remote buses are rare and had to wait outside the terminal for nearly 45 minutes with a group of other annoyed passengers (several Remote South buses passed with no Remote North buses). Because of our bad experience I'll never do Remote again.

Express seems to be much more reliable and speedy. They pick you right up at your car, take you directly to your terminal, and have lots of buses always circling the airport for an easy return to the lot.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:05 AM

271 posts, read 861,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimithing78 View Post
Express - entrance is after going through the normal airport ticket/toll booth. You take your ticket and exit at express north. When you first pull up they will ask if you want covered or uncovered parking. Covered is $11/day and uncovered is $10/day. You go to either the covered lot or the uncovered lot and then put your ticket in the machine that you got from the main airport entrance. It reads your ticket and notates that you're pulling into the express north parking so you don't get charged the $17/day that's charged at the terminals. When you pull into either the covered or uncovered lot they will ask you what gate you're going to and then tell you a specific row number to park on. After you park a smaller bus will come pick you up at your car and then take you to your gate. The bus driver gives you a card with your parking space number. When you get back you just go down to the express pickup area and find an express north bus. You give the bus driver your ticket with your parking space and they take you back to your car. Once back in your car you use your airport parking ticket to exit the remote north parking and go back to the main gate. You give your ticket to the main gate operator and then pay.

The express lot fills up pretty quickly on Monday's from business travelers. It's not too bad on the weekends.
Does all of that apply for Express South as well? I'm coming from Euless.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:12 AM

6,580 posts, read 10,464,280 times
Express South is bigger, but it only has uncovered parking. The North lot is much smaller, but it has covered parking.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:33 AM

219 posts, read 611,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho-79 View Post
Does all of that apply for Express South as well? I'm coming from Euless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Express South is bigger, but it only has uncovered parking. The North lot is much smaller, but it has covered parking.

Yup, what Christie said. I don't use remote south because there's no covered parking. I'd rather park at the remote north if I can't have covered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas