Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 06:39 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,239,247 times

Advertisements

Grocery stores and supermarkets here sell beer and wine but not liquor. Its has something to do with the fact that they would have to lock up the liquor during the hours it is not for sale. A liquor store can sell beer, but a beer store can not sell liquor. Keep in might that each can only be bought during certain hours on certain days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 11:39 AM

3,820 posts, read 8,745,552 times
LW,

Done that many, many times!

Old 11-25-2009, 12:08 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,500,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bungle View Post
I'm moving to Dallas in a month or so and I was wondering - does Costco sell liquor? Out here I can get a nice big bottle of Kirkland Vodka (Grey Goose) for $27 which is a deal! I'm a huge beer geek, but sometimes I need to sip on some of the good stuff.
Nope. Get used to liquor being something you pay a little more for. You'll pay less for most other things though, such as gas and rent, so don't sweat it.

From my neighborhood, I can either go to Addison (Inwood/Beltline), Buckingham in Richardson, or Greenville/Walnut Hill in Dallas, when I want to buy liquor.

Old 11-25-2009, 03:41 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,421,033 times
Get used to the stupid bible Belt trend of church = good, alcohol = bad.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:32 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,155,936 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S14wY6TG6Cw

Old 11-27-2009, 03:01 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,869,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
It IS worse in other states that are not in the "Bible Belt". Take a look at some of the states w/ state stores.

Old 11-27-2009, 05:15 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,275,575 times
Quote:
Oh good grief. I abhor alcohol and the effects it has on people, and I'm from California. There are some that must have it and others that don't need it. I know plenty of "stupid Bible belt" (your words) Baptists that love the stuff.

Last edited by Canine*Castle; 11-27-2009 at 05:27 PM..

Old 11-27-2009, 05:19 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,421,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Oh good grief. I abhor alcohol and the effects it has on people, and I'm from California. There are some that must have it and others that don't need it.
I know plenty of "stupid Bible belt" (your words) Baptists that love the stuff.

That's all well and good, but other people's religious views mean I can't buy a bottle of Scotch on Sunday, or I have to make my grocery run later that I want because I want to buy a 6-pack with my food, or it means I have to drive forever to find a liquor store.

That's ridiculous, and is a direct result of the Bible Belt mentality that pervades Texas.

Alcohol is perfectly legal, whether you like it or not, and if the store is open, I should be able to buy it when I damn well please.

Old 11-27-2009, 05:36 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,275,575 times
Quote:
That's all well and good, but other people's religious views mean I can't buy a bottle of Scotch on Sunday, or I have to make my grocery run later that I want because I want to buy a 6-pack with my food, or it means I have to drive forever to find a liquor store.

That's ridiculous, and is a direct result of the Bible Belt mentality that pervades Texas.

Alcohol is perfectly legal, whether you like it or not, and if the store is open, I should be able to buy it when I damn well please.
I actually did find that pretty cool when I moved to Texas. Well, if I were a drinker, I'd be sure I'd have my liquor when I needed/wanted it. It would be kind of like filling a prescription drug ... on time and never running out.

Old 11-27-2009, 06:34 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,494,612 times
Quote:

Don't know how it is now, but when I lived in MA it was harder to get alcohol there than it is here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas