Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 02:39 PM

468 posts, read 1,886,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
Classic Chevrolet, any Park Place or Sewell, James Woods in Denton.

I work in the car business, tell me what you are looking for and I can tell you where to go.

For starters, avoid any Van Tuyl dealership...

Van Tuyl Group :: Dealerships (http://www.vantuylgroup.com/dealership.html - broken link)
I am curious why this is? We've purchased four cars from Toyota of Richardson and had a very good experience each time. Is this just smack from one dealership to the other?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 02:46 PM

468 posts, read 1,886,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
McDavid is a good dealership.
My good friend was looking for a car at McDavid and the saleman keep trying to push a vehicle on him that he did not want. The salesman would not let up and refused to listen. After finally with a different saleman, after they got into finance, after being adamant they did not want all the extras the second salesman was trying to put into the contract, they discovered the salesman did write up the sales with the extras. My friend said we whooped the sales contract from the finanace manager's hands, torn it up and left. I hear stories like this from McDavid dealerships all the time.

Old 12-15-2009, 08:54 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,859,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korel View Post
My good friend was looking for a car at McDavid and the saleman keep trying to push a vehicle on him that he did not want. The salesman would not let up and refused to listen. After finally with a different saleman, after they got into finance, after being adamant they did not want all the extras the second salesman was trying to put into the contract, they discovered the salesman did write up the sales with the extras. My friend said we whooped the sales contract from the finanace manager's hands, torn it up and left. I hear stories like this from McDavid dealerships all the time.
I have been working at McDavid for five years and I have never had this happen to one of my customers ever. Do customers get angry and leave? Yes... because the customer had an issue the majority of the time. They have a credit issue, they demand a $350 payment for 60 mos with nothing down on a $30,000 car or something else like this. I have people claim WE did what you say happened above, but it is usually trying to move them down to lesser car that is in their budget.

If what you stated did happen, said sales person and finance manager would get seriously rebuked by management if not given their walking papers. If this were common place, I would not work there.

Any dealer you go to will have some people disgruntled and will tell stories like this. Rarely will they tell you the whole story, what they did that was just as ridiculous as what they claim the salesperson did.

Old 12-17-2009, 02:19 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,268,428 times
I worked for a couple of years at Huffines Chevrolet in Plano, and I thought they were reputable.

Old 12-17-2009, 02:46 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,047,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookside View Post
Need to replace DH's vehicle. Must be used. Which dealers in the DFW metroplex are known for their service and general reliability?

I've heard of Sewell -- where else can we look?

BTW - cost is not the only factor -- reliability/trust are more important. Will not go the individual seller route.

Thanks!
If you're up for a Volvo, check out Southwest Auto! We bought our first Volvo from them. They are the nicest people, and their mechanic is THE BEST.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas