U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2009, 12:53 PM

470 posts, read 1,689,957 times

Advertisements

Where are the good Christmas Light Tours? We drove through Deer Field last night and would give it a 7. There is a home on the corner of Old Pond Dr. and Pathway Lane that has their lights sync'd with music and you can tune into the music on the car radio. I'd give that house a 9.9.

I found a web site for Deer Field! http://www.deerfieldplano.org/Holida...250326~616.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 10:16 PM

563 posts, read 1,522,974 times
You can take a carriage ride in Highland Park. Try googling it for more info...I haven't done it in years but I know it still goes on. It's a fun thing to do. If you don't want to do the carriage ride, just driving around Highland Park to look at lights is a lot of fun. The houses themselves have a lot of character and a lot of the decorations are pretty spectacular.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:33 PM

1,194 posts, read 3,094,599 times
It's worth a trip to Downtown Dallas to see the lights at the flagship Neiman Marcus. There's also a couple of trees on Main St. (Pegasus Park at Main & Akard and at the new park a block east of NM). Nieman Marcus Christmas Lights on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/36683271@N08/4135940427/ - broken link)

Old 12-15-2009, 09:22 AM

1,503 posts, read 3,358,622 times
Prairie Lights 2009 is a drive-thru holiday light park in Grand Prairie's Lynn Creek Park. It is two miles long, contains four million lights, and has the world's largest (according to them) drive-thru light tunnel.

Hope this is helpful!

Old 12-15-2009, 10:05 AM

14,874 posts, read 37,168,977 times
We did Interlochen in Arlington this weekend. I was not that impressed. There were some great houses but as a whole neighborhood it has slipped way down over the years. Deerfield is better now. SpringPark in Richardson/Garland is really good. Better than Interlochen. Some of the streets/circles have themes that everyone does. Over in Rowlett on Dogwood and on Faulkner you have LIVE Santa's and Mrs. Claus. Both streets are right off of Rowlett Rd and only a few streets from each other (less than a minute drive from one to the other). There are three houses real close to each other in Garland that their entire yard is COVERED! I mean COVERED!!!! They are off of Glenbrook just south of Buckingham. One is on Maypole and the 2nd house from Glenbrook and then the next door neighbor and the other is across Glenbrook down a street from it on the corner. You can't miss it at all. It is LIT UP!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or