Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2009, 04:41 PM

251 posts, read 1,531,557 times

Advertisements

I know there buidling a huge city hall/library/recreational center on country club,does anyone know how country club road itself will look?I see alot of digging going on is that for a 2-lane plus sidewalks as well?
As far as 544 goes, I hear there will be a kohls built next to the super target is that true?If not then what is the plan and will be there anything fun in that area for the kids?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 09:08 AM

871 posts, read 2,688,759 times
Sorry that once again a question about Wylie goes ignored.

Country Club Road is getting expanded to four lanes, two-each way. Haven't heard anything about sidewalks, but it could be the case.

More troubling, I have not heard what they will do about the intersection of 544 and Country Club Road. Country Club Road can get backed up 1/2 mile at 544 (people turning onto 544).

Haven't heard about whether a Kohl's is coming next to Super Target, but they are definitely building there so I wouldn't be surprised.

Anything fun in the area for kids? Near Super Target? What were you contemplating when you asked that? Do mean stores for kids? Are you hoping for a Toys R Us?

Last edited by pappy97; 12-16-2009 at 09:22 AM..

Old 12-16-2009, 05:35 PM

251 posts, read 1,531,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy97 View Post
Sorry that once again a question about Wylie goes ignored.

Country Club Road is getting expanded to four lanes, two-each way. Haven't heard anything about sidewalks, but it could be the case.

More troubling, I have not heard what they will do about the intersection of 544 and Country Club Road. Country Club Road can get backed up 1/2 mile at 544 (people turning onto 544).

Haven't heard about whether a Kohl's is coming next to Super Target, but they are definitely building there so I wouldn't be surprised.

Anything fun in the area for kids? Near Super Target? What were you contemplating when you asked that? Do mean stores for kids? Are you hoping for a Toys R Us?
Fun as in a chucky cheese or a jump house maybe? I hear there are alot of kids in wylie but have not seen such places in the area.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:43 PM

3,820 posts, read 8,741,813 times
Closest CEC is at Garland & 190.

Rumors about Kohls are pretty serious. However both Murphy and Wylie had meetings with them about a year ago and were offered various incentives. The reps from Kohls ultimately decided that Wylie (by Target) would be the better location due to being right next to their competitor and possibly blocking a third competitor from taking that location. But at that time they opted not to recommend any location along 544 because of proximity to the N. Garland location.

I'm not sure what has changed, if anything. But I've got a friend who works in commercial real estate and is involved in that development and swears Kohls is supposed to sign a lease in Dec. He's a bit of a braggart so I tend to take that with a grain of salt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: