Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2007, 09:31 AM

3,035 posts, read 14,432,399 times

Advertisements

Bush Turnpike Eastern Extension Moves Forward
====================================
NTTA has received authorization to begin the Right of Way purchasing process for the construction of the Eastern Extension of the Bush Turnpike. This is a major milestone to construct the roadway because representatives of NTTA will begin visiting with landowners to make offers for the purchase of land needed to build the extension.

The Eastern Extension of the Bush Turnpike is a proposed 9.9-mile segment from SH 78 in Garland to IH-30. The proposed six-lane toll road will pass through Garland, Sachse and Rowlett and will include a one-mile bridge over Dallas’ Lake Ray Hubbard.

Current plans are to begin construction in 2008 and for the entire road to be open to traffic in 2012.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2007, 09:38 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They got held up because of Rowlett. They have been bickering over actually allowing it (YOU WILL!!!!!!! As in DUH! It has been on the books since the 1960's and you knew it was coming BEFORE you bought your house or you SHOULD have, due diligence. Okay, off my soapbox ). If they would have not fought it all of these years and demanded study after study they would have had it thru there by now but NOOOOO, and now all of their roads are torn up and the traffic in that place is a ROYAL MESS! 190 in the Garland portion is just about done w/ only about maybe 2 miles and that is behind Firewheel Mall. Then the part right at I30. I saw some of their trucks and other "official" looking people standing in the middle of the ROW at the mall the other day all pointing and looking at different things.

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-19-2007, 02:48 PM

2,703 posts, read 3,417,385 times
I heard it was going to turn south and meet up with I-20 in Arlington, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas