Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 08:05 PM

6,796 posts, read 14,016,278 times

Advertisements

Sounds like you need a home with lots of room and alot of bang for your buck. I am assuming when you say airport you mean DFW. If this is the case you can rule out all of the northern burbs like Plano, Frisco, Allen and McKinney. Hurst/Euless/Bedford would be a good fit but it is not located in Dallas. The bang for your buck burbs would be Garland, Mesquite and the Southern burbs but all of them are a long way from the Airport. Finding a 4 bedroom home for $1500 a month in a nice neighborhood can be done but your going to have to do your homework.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 09:55 AM

1,914 posts, read 7,146,800 times
There are several homes in that range in West McKinney. I know b/c I live in one of them and it's a great neighborhood in Stonebridge. Go to realtordotcom and plug in zip 75070. We have lived here for 10 years and love it! Good luck with your move!

Old 12-29-2009, 10:27 AM

33 posts, read 68,867 times
Thank you everyone! I know that finding a house big enough for our family could be quite a challenge! (Understatement!)

Honestly as long at the DFW airport is within an hour, we could survive! LOL

I will look into the areas everyone has suggested!
Thanks again!!!

Old 12-29-2009, 05:45 PM

424 posts, read 1,816,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR36 View Post
There are several homes in that range in West McKinney. I know b/c I live in one of them and it's a great neighborhood in Stonebridge. Go to realtordotcom and plug in zip 75070. We have lived here for 10 years and love it! Good luck with your move!
I just read that McKinney's High School is rated Academically Unacceptable. High foreclosure rates make for attractive rentals, but it is very far from the airport and anything else for that matter. I would rethink McKinney (at least long term). Maybe short term would be OK, but consider it to be about a 65 minute commute to the airport on a fast day!

I know you want a four bedroom, but if you go for a 3 bdr, you can find something for around 1500.00 in Coppell. I know they have townhomes for rent as well right now on the MLS. I also recommend North Irving (Coppell ISD) and agree with Lewisville around the Vista Ridge area and Flower Mound (southern part) for airport commuting purposes.

Last edited by catluvr; 12-29-2009 at 05:49 PM.. Reason: forgot to add information
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas