U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 03:57 PM

21 posts, read 45,261 times

Advertisements

Hi all!

Does anyone know the zip code for West Plano?

Thanks!!

p.s. Still moving to Texas.....trying to sell my home in ca.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2007, 04:05 PM

1,098 posts, read 3,851,724 times
This site has maps of all the zip codes for DFW by city:

http://www.targetdfw.com/

The primary West Plano zip is 75093.

Mods, I don't know if this is considered a competing website, if so, please delete.

Old 05-21-2007, 04:45 PM

3,035 posts, read 13,021,868 times
75093 is the target zip, but I believe it may include some not as desirable areas southeast Park on Plano Pwky (you'll know them because they will cost alot less).

Also, look at 75024 because it is that area up around Midway and the hospital. Look up a community called 'Wolf Creek'. Nice area that's West Plano 100%, but is not 75093.

To be honest, with West Plano it's hard to use zip codes, you need to use the map featue on the Ebby.com site. Center your search around Preston to the east, then Midway over on the west. Then, north and south it's Parker and Plano Parkway (Old Sheppard and Castlemere are two reasonably affordable areas here, but the homes may need sme cosmetic work).

Old 05-21-2007, 06:06 PM

21 posts, read 45,261 times
Thanks so much for the information!

Old 05-21-2007, 07:05 PM

Not that this is my favorite area. Many others here live in areas outside of these boundaries are are happy there as well.

Deerfield, Kings Ridge, Russell Creek, etc. are all great areas as well. However, I think the area I mapped will have the best resale.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:32 PM

12 posts, read 51,748 times
Does anyone know if the older area around Cheyenne Park is safe? I'm not sure how to check. (Independence and Parker). It's 75075. I don't have kids so not needing to know about schools.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:13 PM
dgz

800 posts, read 2,916,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truecolours View Post
Does anyone know if the older area around Cheyenne Park is safe? I'm not sure how to check. (Independence and Parker). It's 75075. I don't have kids so not needing to know about schools.
I've been living in Plano for over 10 years near Parker just east of Custer. And I've also been involved in seeking investment properties around Plano and some other nearby towns, and so I feel comfortable saying this... I don't know of any areas in Plano that are not relatively safe. No less safer than most towns.

I don't think Plano has 'bad' areas. There are pockets scattered around Plano where some people pay a lot less for their homes and some people pay a lot more, but as far as 'safety'... I haven't felt less safe in one neighborhood versus another. For comparison, neighborhoods I would feel less safe in would be... specific areas south of Dallas and specific areas near Fair Park.

Last edited by dgz; 07-11-2007 at 11:23 PM..

Old 07-11-2007, 11:16 PM

2,346 posts, read 5,793,717 times
Default Re:

That's a pretty quiet neighborhood. Most of the houses are 70s stock, so the kids are up and grown.

Old 07-12-2007, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truecolours View Post
Schools factor into resale, so I would consider schools if I were you.

Old 07-12-2007, 09:12 AM

12 posts, read 51,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socketz View Post
Schools factor into resale, so I would consider schools if I were you.
Oh, I do look when it comes time to make an offer. The offer needs to be in line with comps for the area for sure, and schools affect that. You buy for less and sell for less. But I don't look at schools when deciding where to live.

As a matter of fact, I prefer to be in an inferior school district for the most part. Less kids in the neighborhood is a plus for me since I don't hate 'em but don't have a need to live in a neighborhood where all the conversation and activity is kid-centered. Plus if I'm there for 10 years it's possible the schools will improve which is a bonus. If I move into a good school district and have no use for the schools, I have to worry that the schools may be more poorly rated (or districts change) in the future, thus my house is worth less.

Thanks for the opinions. I've seen threads talking about better and worse parts of Richardson and so I wasn't sure how Plano was. People talk about West vs East, but I assumed the freeway was the dividing line and now I see West of Preston being called West, so I guess the area I've been looking at is Central? Does East start East of the freeway or do I ignore the freeway altogether for those designations?

I'll be coming up only for a weekend the first time and am trying to figure out what to see. I'd like to stay within 10 miles of 75/Campbell in Richardson. I'm having a hard time getting a feel for "better" or "worse" from a distance. I'm mostly concerned with crime, not newer and ritzier. I don't mind getting a popcorn ceiling or two scraped before I move in. However, I'm used to newer houses and don't mind that either. Have been looking at Sherrill Park, Canyon Creek, Firewheel area and now checking out Murphy (too far out I think) and Plano. I'm looking to downsize so maybe 2300-2500 sq ft for $200-$250k including pool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or