Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 09:00 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,781,972 times

Advertisements

I tried this on the FW board & no response....I'm sure there are some chowhounds on the Dallas side of the Metroplex.

(copy & past below)

Hi all, I'll be in Mansfield this weekend with my 11 y/o (who'll be in a tennis tournament) & would be most appreciative if you can recommend a Mexican restaurant (preferably open for breakfast....so i can get to-go tacos etc.) & a good BBQ joint (open anytime).

(Also, if there's a good chinese take-out or buffet.....or a good, reasonable spaghetti joint or hamburger joint, that would be good info to have as well.)

My son & i are both carnivores, don't need cloth napkins & prefer non chain restaurants. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 11:14 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Are you willing to drive to Dallas? If so then there are several options.

Of course for BBQ the only Sonny Bryans I like is the original down on Inwood (actually have a craving for it right now). For hamburgers there are 2 places in Dallas: Keller's Drive-In on Northwest Hwy just east of Abrams and The Dairyette on Ferguson. Mexican - for your to-go tacos there is a place that has been mentioned on here before in Dallas but I can't remember the name - know how to get there . If you want a sit-down tex-mex meal then Matt's in Lakewood is good.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:36 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,465,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
I tried this on the FW board & no response....I'm sure there are some chowhounds on the Dallas side of the Metroplex.

(copy & past below)

Hi all, I'll be in Mansfield this weekend with my 11 y/o (who'll be in a tennis tournament) & would be most appreciative if you can recommend a Mexican restaurant (preferably open for breakfast....so i can get to-go tacos etc.) & a good BBQ joint (open anytime).

(Also, if there's a good chinese take-out or buffet.....or a good, reasonable spaghetti joint or hamburger joint, that would be good info to have as well.)

My son & i are both carnivores, don't need cloth napkins & prefer non chain restaurants. Thanks in advance.
there are so many I dont where to start.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:39 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Maybe they should look for brisket tacos.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:47 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,465,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Maybe they should look for brisket tacos.
speaking of brisket tacos.....

I went to cowboy chow in deep ellum the other day and it was fantastic! its owned by the same chefs who own twisted root. The best brisket taco I have ever had.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:55 AM

2,973 posts, read 9,482,354 times
My mother thinks the brisket tacos are great at Taco Joint - and far superior to the brisket sandwich at Smoke (which costs twice the price!).

Hound - I'm not sure where Mansfield is exactly, but there are great eats in Dallas. Not sure how far of a drive it is, though.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post
there are so many I dont where to start.
Naming ONE in Mansfield would be a great start.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:11 PM

Thanks for the replies, but i won't be in downtown or north dallas. We'll have an hour here or an hour there & will be stuck in Mansfield from Fri 6pm till Sunday noon.

Mansfield is basically due south (15 miles) of Arlington.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:05 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
We city-slickers used to go over to Mansfield to ride bulls in the 70s. However, we didn't do so well at that - so we have a Goat Race Trophy in our high school trophy case from Mansfield.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:56 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
If you can make it on up into North Arlington there is a great Italian place. Very neighborhood type. It is off of Fielder on Randall Mill. In a strip center on the south side of Randall Mill. It is BYOB but the food is really good. I had some shrimp dish that was VERY good and dh got the pizza and he loved it. It is called Moni's and I highly recommend it.

Don't get down to Mansfield much to know the local hangouts. Pick you up a copy of D Magazine or go online to their site and see what they have listed for that area. Texas Monthly would also have some restaurant listings in the back.

Cowboy Chow................. dang, now I'm hungry. It's already bad enough I'm craving a Beaujo's Pizza but have to go to Colorado to get that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas