U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2007, 09:17 AM

1,560 posts, read 6,554,306 times

Advertisements

Both DFW and Love Field won high praise for customer statisfaction. It was also nice to see one of my favorites, Hartsfield Atlanta, taking 3rd place for large airports.
Dallas/Fort Worth International (DFW) ranks highest in overall customer satisfaction among large airports, followed closely by Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County (DTW) and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta (ATL). Dallas/Fort Worth International performs well in food and beverage and retail services. Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County improves notably in airport accessibility, security check and terminal facilities, while Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta demonstrates considerable improvement in check-in/baggage check, airport accessibility and security check.

Among small airports, Houston Hobby (HOU) ranks highest for a second consecutive year, with particularly high ratings in security check. Dallas Love Field (DAL), which tied for highest rank in 2006, and San Antonio International (SAT) follow HOU closely in a tie. DAL receives particularly high ratings in baggage claim, while SAT performs well in airport accessibility and check-in/baggage check.
From http://www.jdpower.com/press-releases/pressrelease.aspx?id=2007077 (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2007, 10:00 AM

2,267 posts, read 2,516,385 times
I spent alot of my time around DFW airport, it sort of become the standard in my mind...imagine when I moved to Orlando, given how many tourists from all over the world come and go from there, I don't know how it all works, its a very awkward airport in comparison to DFW.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:56 AM

2,395 posts, read 7,741,916 times
DFW airport rocks. I can't wait until 2010-ish... when I can walk 10 mins to the DART station and ride the rail to it. That's going to rule!

Old 05-23-2007, 12:01 PM

549 posts, read 2,004,247 times
DFW is great. I am coming in again in a few weeks. Unfortunately I have to come in via Laguardia.

Old 05-23-2007, 04:58 PM

992 posts, read 1,953,258 times
its incredible how much the perception of DFW airport has changed in a short time. Have the improvements helped that much? I've never had to transfer there.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:13 PM

1,560 posts, read 6,554,306 times
I flew through DFW a few years ago with my family. We had a two and a half hour lay over with one flight landing at C24 and the other taking off from C27. My dad drove up to spend the layover visiting with us. We waited until we had about 20 mins until our boarding to break things up. It was then that we discovered that they had moved our flight to D4. We were able to take the tram over to the D terminal and make our flight easily, and that was with four kids ages 3, 5, 6 and 8.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or