U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 11:25 AM

549 posts, read 1,973,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by socketz View Post
You mean one that opens into the downstairs right ? I agree, the noise will travel on those types if the area opens into the downstairs and has a chance to reverb off solid surfaces.

Derek - which plan at Ridgecrest ? Give me a number.
Mike,

lan: 581B (with Media option)

I would have to make the media room a bedroom, get a window or 2 in there and somehow maybe a closet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2007, 11:29 AM

3,035 posts, read 13,027,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY - Dallas View Post
Mike,

lan: 581B (with Media option)

I would have to make the media room a bedroom, get a window or 2 in there and somehow maybe a closet.

That looks doable...

There is already windows in there if you look (small rectangles at top). The closet is easy on that wall to the upper right, because I bet that is attic on the other side. If it is a load bearing wall, they will charge you to re-inforce it before adding the closet, but that shouldn't be much.

Old 05-30-2007, 11:35 AM

1,560 posts, read 6,459,263 times
That's the game room, Socketz. The Media's below the second bathroom.

Old 05-30-2007, 11:39 AM

Ok i do see 2 tiny rectangles, didnt realize those were windows, in the bedrooms it was obvious where were the windows were.

Anyway this is good news and I now have another place I can visit.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:22 PM

I don't see the media room in 581B, just a game room upstairs. What is that room on the first floor in the front to the left when you walk in ?

If you convert the Game Room upstairs, put large double doors on it or otherwise that hallway up there will look closed off. Also, large double doors let it double as a media/game room for future owners. Also put can lights in there as well for the same reason. That room will be too large to have one little light in the center.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:27 PM

I see the media room now, there are 2 581bs listed.

Wow, the upstairs would be huge on that one and you'd get a game room.

On the downstairs, what's that room off to the left ? Study ?

This plan seems to be exactly what you need. The Media room will probably cost about 20k, but if you factor in a 10% discount, you can stay under 300k.

But it will leave you no room for upgrades.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socketz View Post
I see the media room now, there are 2 581bs listed.

Wow, the upstairs would be huge on that one and you'd get a game room.

On the downstairs, what's that room off to the left ? Study ?

This plan seems to be exactly what you need. The Media room will probably cost about 20k, but if you factor in a 10% discount, you can stay under 300k.

But it will leave you no room for upgrades.
Wow that much for a media room?

What kind of upgrades do you think I would need? Do you mean carpet pad and stuff like that?

Old 05-30-2007, 12:48 PM

2,259 posts, read 8,635,649 times
>> Wow that much for a media room?

What kind of upgrades do you think I would need? Do you mean carpet pad and stuff like that?<<

Don't forget the projector and sound system to make your media room a true media room. You might want to put in a little wet bar/refrig and microwave. You all are going to let your wives fill up all that empty space with nice furniture right?

Old 05-30-2007, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulf5driver View Post
>> Wow that much for a media room?

What kind of upgrades do you think I would need? Do you mean carpet pad and stuff like that?<<

Don't forget the projector and sound system to make your media room a true media room. You might want to put in a little wet bar/refrig and microwave. You all are going to let your wives fill up all that empty space with nice furniture right?
I am going to use it as a bedroom so I don't need anything fancy

Old 05-30-2007, 12:50 PM

Mainly flooring. Upgrade the tile to larger tile in the entranceway. Below 16" is not desired (I think they give you 12"). Also allow for lighting/fans and some media cabling. This stuff is cheap installed new. A builder of this level gives you pretty nice ammenities to start with....

I did about 7% in addition for upgrades not counting the lot premium and media equipment that I will pay for out of pocket (I don't want to finance this kind of stuff) - and I think my place turned out nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or