U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2007, 04:27 PM

595 posts, read 2,365,714 times

Advertisements

The family wants to go out this evening....we live in the Frisco area...but don't want to eat in Frisco....any suggestions for those one of kind places ...maybe a little drive away...that has awesome food. We don't really care...just a choice. With all the rain this weekend...we are tired of being shut up in the house. Please don't suggest a franchise.....something different!
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2007, 04:54 PM

2,259 posts, read 8,630,145 times
Celebration on Lovers Lane is great for homestyle type food Celebration Restaurant 214-351-5681 (Dallas, TX 75209): Restaurant Welcome

Old 05-27-2007, 05:09 PM

3,035 posts, read 13,020,476 times
Red's Patio Grill in Plano

Go down Preston to Lorimar, if you pass Parker, you wen too far. Same shopping center as the Mi Cocina/Wiers.

Excellent food/service/atmosphere.

Old 05-27-2007, 07:24 PM

1,560 posts, read 6,455,866 times
Razoo's on the Tollway. (Yes it's a chain, but the food is decent Cajun cuisine.)

Old 05-27-2007, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPadge View Post
Razoo's on the Tollway. (Yes it's a chain, but the food is decent Cajun cuisine.)
Fried gator strips....yum.

There is also another one on the 75 in Richardson, next to Bone Daddy's (Beer can chicken = yum squared)

Old 05-27-2007, 09:14 PM

313 posts, read 1,569,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socketz View Post
Red's Patio Grill in Plano

Go down Preston to Lorimar, if you pass Parker, you wen too far. Same shopping center as the Mi Cocina/Wiers.

Excellent food/service/atmosphere.
Socketz,

what's the layout like? is it cool to take our 11 month old there? She'd be cool, as long as we feed her she wont cry

Old 05-28-2007, 05:20 PM

Your kid would be fine there. My kids are always good when we're there....it's just a mellow place.

They even have a cool kids menu with crayons that I believe they develop themselves (neat puzzles, word searches and such). Their salads are excellent and they have a grilled veggie sandwich (remember I'm a panzy Californian) to die for....the only burger I've eaten (ok,so I'm not always good) that's better than Red's is the burger I just had out in East Texas at "East Texas Burger" (downtown Mineola)...the food their and the atmosphere (great decorating, relaxing, cool music). You also almost never have to wait to sit.

Red's Patio Grill

Lavine is the owner, he's the guy that created Chili's (then sold it off and it became a franchise, now sucks):

Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | Business Columnists: Cheryl Hall (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/bus/columnists/chall/stories/DN-Hall_11bus.ART.State.Edition1.37969ff.html - broken link)

He also has a place he's opening in Dallas. That may be worth checking out as well. The guy has a green thumb for this stuff.

Next door at Mi Cocina, you wait a long time and it is more expensive and not nearly as kid friendly (good Mohitos though).

Also, if you get to Plano a second time, try Blue Goose. It's about the best Mexican food I've found here. Hacienda Ranch in Frisco off Preston is another one I like. Some of the others up there in Frisco are maso-menos.

As for Chinese, I'm addicted to Pei Wei. I think they have made just about all other Chinese food obsolete. Seriously, they are that good in my opinion. One in Frisco by the 121, another one by me down off Frankford and Preston. I'm sure you've heard of these guys though, they are across the US. This is actually PF Chang's fast food venture. PF Chang rocks too, but cost too much because the food at Pei Wei is just as good.

Chinese, Mexican and Traditional.....there you have it.

Wait, you also need to try Red, Hot and Blue in Plano (Preston and Plano). Excellent barbeque and the sides are too die for. More casual for sure and they even have a wall that the kids are allowed to color on (it sounds bad but is actually quite cool). Remember, barbeque here is not like sloppy joe, it's actually grilled meat mixed with light sauce. It's good.

Do you know now why I'm leaving this place !!! Dude, it's like overnight gordito. I need to live further from all these places to eat, not on top of them. What's funny is I actually thought moving here would put me more in the country and require me to cook at home more. It's not happened...yet. In July I will begin eating much better and cooking at home. I'm actually looking forward to it.

If I stay here much longer:

Last edited by socketz; 05-28-2007 at 05:38 PM..

Old 05-28-2007, 09:00 PM

313 posts, read 1,569,384 times
No doubt, some good places to eat here. I'll have to check out Reds

I just cant wait to get my grill so I can cook in my backyard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by socketz View Post
Your kid would be fine there. My kids are always good when we're there....it's just a mellow place.

They even have a cool kids menu with crayons that I believe they develop themselves (neat puzzles, word searches and such). Their salads are excellent and they have a grilled veggie sandwich (remember I'm a panzy Californian) to die for....the only burger I've eaten (ok,so I'm not always good) that's better than Red's is the burger I just had out in East Texas at "East Texas Burger" (downtown Mineola)...the food their and the atmosphere (great decorating, relaxing, cool music). You also almost never have to wait to sit.

Red's Patio Grill

Lavine is the owner, he's the guy that created Chili's (then sold it off and it became a franchise, now sucks):

Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | Business Columnists: Cheryl Hall (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/bus/columnists/chall/stories/DN-Hall_11bus.ART.State.Edition1.37969ff.html - broken link)

He also has a place he's opening in Dallas. That may be worth checking out as well. The guy has a green thumb for this stuff.

Next door at Mi Cocina, you wait a long time and it is more expensive and not nearly as kid friendly (good Mohitos though).

Also, if you get to Plano a second time, try Blue Goose. It's about the best Mexican food I've found here. Hacienda Ranch in Frisco off Preston is another one I like. Some of the others up there in Frisco are maso-menos.

As for Chinese, I'm addicted to Pei Wei. I think they have made just about all other Chinese food obsolete. Seriously, they are that good in my opinion. One in Frisco by the 121, another one by me down off Frankford and Preston. I'm sure you've heard of these guys though, they are across the US. This is actually PF Chang's fast food venture. PF Chang rocks too, but cost too much because the food at Pei Wei is just as good.

Chinese, Mexican and Traditional.....there you have it.

Wait, you also need to try Red, Hot and Blue in Plano (Preston and Plano). Excellent barbeque and the sides are too die for. More casual for sure and they even have a wall that the kids are allowed to color on (it sounds bad but is actually quite cool). Remember, barbeque here is not like sloppy joe, it's actually grilled meat mixed with light sauce. It's good.

Do you know now why I'm leaving this place !!! Dude, it's like overnight gordito. I need to live further from all these places to eat, not on top of them. What's funny is I actually thought moving here would put me more in the country and require me to cook at home more. It's not happened...yet. In July I will begin eating much better and cooking at home. I'm actually looking forward to it.

If I stay here much longer:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or