Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 08:03 PM

436 posts, read 1,611,400 times

Advertisements

I have heard good things about hunter glen's preschool. it is church based (many in plano are). I have a friend who sent all of her kids there and was pleased. they are on custer between parker and spring creek, so right in the area you are looking at.

Hunters Glen Baptist Church

search for "clc" and you can get all the info off the website. I imagine you would be on a waiting list if you register in may.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 09:43 AM

705 posts, read 1,756,447 times
Bright Beginnings Preschool is located at Park and Independence in the Disciples of Christ church. Both of my boys attended and 'graduated' from there. Loving, caring staff, wonderful director who has a masters in music - music is always part of the kid's day, and they do lots of recitals and parent events. This preschool happens to be easily accessible from the Jack Carter neighborhood mentioned above; coincidentally that is where we lived - 75023 zipcode.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:12 AM

1,282 posts, read 3,549,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big G View Post
To be precise, those schools feeding into Schimelpfenig Middle School (Bethany, Mathews, and Carlisle Elementary Schools) were, indeed, recently rezoned to Plano West, beginning with the senior high graduating class of 2015.

However, for reasons far too long, boring and controversial to bother to explain here, the PISD board granted Schimelpfenig special status and will allow students in that area to opt to attend the 9-12 combination of Clark/Plano Senior if desired, rather than the new default of Jasper/Plano West.
My bad. I've tried to ignore all the redistricting drama...I didn't realize that Jasper now feeds into Plano West...(To be honest, I'd be pissed to if I had moved to an area planning for my kids to eventually attend a particular high school/ senior high and then it got changed on me. I'd expect that moving to Frisco, where it's still developing and new schools are built all the time, but wouldn't expect that in Plano. where it mostly built out, especially if I lived in one of the older neighborhoods. Anyway, sorry...no more thread hijacking from me

Big G...do you know of a site or article that explains the new boundaries?...looks like the PISD website is not updated with that info yet. Thanks!

To the OP: Even feeding into Plano West, I still love that neighborhood. And Jasper is also a great high school. And it sounds like you would still get a choice of which route to send your kids...downside is, your kids will probably want to go where their friends are going and that may not be the same as where you would like them to go. Of course, with the age of your kids now, high school is a LONG way off, and a lot can change before then...who knows what the boundaries may be at that time and even if the high schools/ senior highs will have the same reps, ethnic/ economical makeup, etc.

Oh, and I'll DM you with the pre-school name.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:35 AM

303 posts, read 1,009,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
Plano ISD has a tuition-based preschool you might want to look into.
Early Childhood Programs : Plano ISD
My daughter goes to the one at Plano West, it's fantastic!

We ended up buying in West Plano, but we looked in the area around Jack Carter, it's lovely and those schools are great from what I hear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas