U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2007, 12:29 PM

13 posts, read 79,703 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am planning to buy a house in Meridian subdivision(Builder : Centex) in Lewisville. It is in my price range (250K and 3600sq) and very close to 121.
I really appreciate your inputs about Meridian community.

(School District: LEWISVILLE ISD
Elementary School: COYOTERIDG
Middle School: LAKEVIEW
High School: THECOLONY )

Thanks.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2007, 04:56 PM

595 posts, read 2,365,369 times
Okay...I live in The Colony...which is about 100 yards from The Meridian. I teach in LISD. We have lived here since the mid 80's w/ one stint in FL. Even though you will have a Lewisville address...you will shop in TC. You might attend church in TC, and your children will all go to school w/ TC kids. I don't know much about Coyote Ridge....just things I've heard. Lakeview MS is okay....not a lot of strong leadership. TCHS....a safe school over all. Academics are not as good as they should be...but they have a rather new principal and I hope things are on the up swing. To be honest w/ you....we are moving out. Mainly because my youngest will start HS next year and we fear the academics aren't where they need to be....the down side is the fact that there isn't a lot of parent involvement. When my oldest attended...it was sad...at open house at the HS I don't think there was 100 people there....things like that. There is no after-prom or graduation parties...like Frisco and Plano have.

Old 05-28-2007, 06:04 PM

709 posts, read 3,116,748 times
Coyote Ridge comes with a lot of high recommendations from many people (educators and parents)... my son will attend there this fall. he will attend Creek Valley and Hebron if the boundaries stay the same in the future. I had the option of taking him with me to the school I work at and my school is exemplary in more than just TAKS. I just wanted for him to attend a neighborhood school and thus in my research and asking around I decided on moving into a neighborhood that fed into this school. I don't know much about Lakeview or the The Colony H.S. except for a good friend sent her boys to both of these schools and they are doing well in college life. She sent them to Lakeview because of their orchestra program and it's reputation. My thoughts regarding The Colony in general are that you will see things on the upswing because of all the new developments in that area.

Old 09-16-2007, 06:09 PM

35 posts, read 142,116 times
Default Maybe

I don't know. There are so many subdivisions going up that if this one makes you end up in the Colony, maybe not. Business 121 is an older road.

The Colony bites. My hubby worked for the high school there, and as soon as his contract was up he got outta there. Ick. Of course there are a lot of new areas going up, so it could get better..in 5-10 years.

Lewisville is very nice, and has better schools. I think it depends on which direction you are trying to commute. If you want to go North on 121, you should look at Little Elm or Frisco.

I describe Frisco as gaudy glam. You see alot of people driving Hummers who probably can't afford to pay their light bill. But honestly there are some more communities going up there as well that may be more refined, and there are lots of places to shop and eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or