U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 06:58 PM

1 posts, read 2,805 times

Advertisements

I grew up in San Diego, and moved to Dallas several years ago. It's a wonderful place with lots to do and see. Once you get over the weather changes (either too hot or too cold) you'll enjoy the pace, the opportunities and the people. I've enjoyed everything from the nightclubs to theaters to restaurants. Most of the people I've grown close to are from out of state also, which means that this area has become a mecca for those seeking decent jobs, affordable housing and a place where family means something.

God bless you!

Old 05-30-2007, 07:06 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,169,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
This may be a dumb question but I have to ask.
If Cali or So. Cal is SOOOOO great and always sunny and never rains......... why are tanning salons needed out there? I mean really? We all read on here how great the weather is there and going to the beach, walking, etc but then you see this stupid show on E! called "Sunset Tan" (or something like that - it was on the tv at the nail salon ) and they show how really popular this place is. Why not just go lay out by the pool? The beach? Ride bikes w/ a tank top on? I don't get it. Oh, and this idiot mother on this show brought her YOUNG daughter in to get a spray tan and all the lotions and all so that she would not be "white" in her school picture. WTH!!!!! This poor girl was about 7 years old and she was not PALE and had a nice color w/ her blonde hair (hate to think if that was fake too ) and the after pic was HORRIBLE! It was WAY TOO fake. Oh, and the price tag: $1300. And I won't even let my kids get their nails painted at the nail salon.
tanning salons are great for nude tanning. Cant sunbath nude in california. Plus, its more controlled.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:43 PM

3,035 posts, read 13,021,868 times
Wooooo, put the breaks on here. Nude sunbathing. Now were going in the right direction.

You guys have to admit, weeks without any sun is getting OLD. It's depressing. I go back to SD this weekend, so I'll get another fix, then back here to storms again. I thought the sun was out here 300+ days a year. Reminds me of Portland.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:31 PM

1,560 posts, read 6,456,541 times
Eh, I've been to a couple of nude beaches. It's a very small demographic subset that is actually pleasing to look at, some are just average, and others, OH MY!

Old 05-31-2007, 05:30 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,169,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socketz View Post
Wooooo, put the breaks on here. Nude sunbathing. Now were going in the right direction.

You guys have to admit, weeks without any sun is getting OLD. It's depressing. I go back to SD this weekend, so I'll get another fix, then back here to storms again. I thought the sun was out here 300+ days a year. Reminds me of Portland.
I jsut arived from pnw 6 weeks ago and all Ive seen here is clouds (l live in austin). Do you folks get much sun out here other than your hot July and Aug that Ive been warned and warned about? When its cloudy, its pretty miserable. At least in PNW its cool and non humid. They are having fantastic weather there. Cali having great weather too, when do we have the nice weather?

Old 05-31-2007, 06:03 AM

2,259 posts, read 8,631,187 times
>> I go back to SD this weekend, so I'll get another fix, then back here to storms again. <<

Hey Socketz, when does your family join you for good in Dallas?

Old 05-31-2007, 06:29 AM

3,035 posts, read 13,021,868 times
We drive back here together the 3rd week of June. These last few weeks are going very slow though. To be honest, if I had to do this again, I would never be separated from the family this long. Last weekend (long and dreary) was a true test. Again, not a desirable scenario at all, but it's what we felt had to be done for the kids to transition correctly.

Old 05-31-2007, 08:55 AM

1,560 posts, read 6,456,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
I jsut arived from pnw 6 weeks ago and all Ive seen here is clouds (l live in austin). Do you folks get much sun out here other than your hot July and Aug that Ive been warned and warned about? When its cloudy, its pretty miserable. At least in PNW its cool and non humid. They are having fantastic weather there. Cali having great weather too, when do we have the nice weather?
This has been a wetter spring than last year. But given the choice of a wet spring or hellish spring and summer like last year, I'll take the rain. And in all honesty we have needed the water.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:02 AM

2,395 posts, read 7,607,989 times
Speaking of water and lake levels, thought everyone would appreciate this link:

U.S. Army Corps of Engineers - Fort Worth District

It's nice to see that only two lakes in the entire Trinity River basin are not full... and they're not really down that much. Many lakes are above their conservation pool levels. Very nice to see indeed!

Brian

Old 05-31-2007, 08:07 PM

670 posts, read 2,674,353 times
Default Brian isn't that awesome!

Last summer/spring sux big time, but I am glad to see the lakes up. Ironically we moved to Georgia where it is now in a drought and it is looking better back home (which we will be God willing before the holidays).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or