U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 08:20 AM

2 posts, read 3,898 times

Advertisements

I am in Texas and am only about 2 hrs from Dallas and is beutiful.21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Is that rain View Post
I am considering Dallas, along with St. Louis, Indianpolis, and Cincinnati
as a place to move. I am leaving tomorrow! And yet I am not closer
to picking a destination. I am also considering Iowa City, IA. Any comments on the likeability of Dallas, or the other towns mentioned are appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2007, 08:22 AM

875 posts, read 760,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Is that rain View Post
Metoplex, thanks for your breakdown of Dallas. You really put a good spin on it. Of the four cities (Cincy, Indy, STL, Dallas) only Dallas is considered a place with strong projected job growth. I am a truck driver, and I have been through there many times, but never had much opportunity to go beyond truck stops. I have always liked the skyline of Dallas. I could do without the
pimps and prostitutes at the truck stops. It is the worse city I have seen
in that regard. So you wouldn't consider Dallas' summers to be intolerable?
Whose summers would you consider to be worse, STL or Dallas? Iowa or Dallas? What's it like for bike riders in Dallas? Is there much going on in terms of bike trails in the Dallas metro? I don't like riding on the side of the road.
Your life is just 12 inches and one distracted driver away from being over.
It's too risky.
There are biking trails around, but I would NEVER suggest riding in traffic here....you're right, your life would be over in an instant.

I just went through my first summer in the Metroplex. I was used to the weather on the west coast, where there isn't any humidity. Of course we had much more rain than usual last summer, but it does get quite hot, and the humidity makes it seem even hotter. It's not intolerable though unless you're out in it for a long time.

I'm sure I will get used to the humidity.

Old 11-16-2007, 08:54 AM

1,297 posts, read 3,808,241 times
I wonder where the OP eventually moved to?

Old 11-16-2007, 09:21 AM

10,131 posts, read 16,726,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysrodgers View Post
There are biking trails around, but I would NEVER suggest riding in traffic here....you're right, your life would be over in an instant.

I just went through my first summer in the Metroplex. I was used to the weather on the west coast, where there isn't any humidity. Of course we had much more rain than usual last summer, but it does get quite hot, and the humidity makes it seem even hotter. It's not intolerable though unless you're out in it for a long time.

I'm sure I will get used to the humidity.
I see people ride in traffic and I always think they are insane/brave. Saw a guy yesterday on the 75 service road, turning left onto Beltline. I'd be terrified!

Old 11-16-2007, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Once a friend from Woodrow/SMU and I were in San Francisco eating at a very trendy restaurant. Apparently a girl at the next table heard our accent - we heard her say, "The must be from Dallas or Iowa or somewhere."
lol Well, on the accent thing....as you know I'm a Californian...I was in a store the other day where the cashier asked if I was from New Jersey of all places! So much for no CA accent, huh?

Old 11-16-2007, 11:45 AM

1,297 posts, read 3,808,241 times
New Jersey?! I think some people hear something that they think is different but they may not have a clue as to where it must come from. Obviously, the checker falls into that category.

Old 11-16-2007, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskies49 View Post
New Jersey?! I think some people hear something that they think is different but they may not have a clue as to where it must come from. Obviously, the checker falls into that category.
That's what I thought too. I don't have a nasaly sound to my voice.....which is characteristic of people from NJ.

Old 11-17-2007, 03:33 PM

168 posts, read 438,894 times
Wow, what a glib statement

Old 11-19-2007, 06:00 PM

23 posts, read 67,977 times
I'm from St. Louis, and it wouldn't be my first choice.

Old 10-15-2008, 02:30 AM

1 posts, read 1,283 times
Default God bless Google!

I typed in 'crazy crystal', and Google got me to you within about 3 pages!

I'm currently working on a production of THE MOST HAPPY FELLA, and for the last several days we've all been saying to one another, "Okay, I know what Nieman Marcus is... but what on earth is 'Crazy Crystal'?"

Could you possibly enlighten me? I can't tell you how much I'd appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I don't just like Dallas, I love it:

BIG D

Ev'nin', ma'am.

Would you mind sayin' that again?

I said, 'Ev'nin', ma'am.

Ev'nin', ma'am'!
Mister, you've got a way of sayin'
Ev'nin', ma'am
That puts me in a friendly state of mind.

Would you mind sayin' that again
I mean 'friendly state'.

Friendly state.

Sister you've got a way of saying
'Friendly state
'That gives me the impression
You're my kind.

Would you mind sayin' 'crazy crystal'.

'Crazy crystal!'
would you mind saying 'neiman marcus'.

'Neiman marcus'.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 10-15-2008 at 03:43 PM.. Reason: repaired quote
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or