Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 03:02 PM

14 posts, read 50,731 times

Advertisements

if you dont live in a subdivision and live in an apt where do sahm's meet other moms in the area? Until school starts back i wont have that as an outlet and my bestest friend ever i met when my kids were in preschool and since my youngest just finished k4 that wont be an option either.

im sorry if this is a dumb question...im emotional today about our move friday and having a hard time leaving my friends here.
Thanks
Tiffany
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2007, 03:04 PM

6 posts, read 26,760 times
No, not dumb question at all! I'm not a SAHM, but I belong to a few mom's groups and if you PM me I can give you some websites, etc. that may help you.

Old 05-30-2007, 03:14 PM

1,067 posts, read 5,654,349 times
You can go to Meetup.com and type in the town you live in or near and you will see some meet up mom groups. There are few mommy and me type groups in the area I live in that I found on Meetup near me. You can also check the Moms Club International website for a local chapter.

Old 05-30-2007, 03:24 PM

1,560 posts, read 7,146,055 times
If you're religious in nature, you can ask around at church. Theoretically you'd have a higher chance of hanging out with people with similar political and moral views.

Old 05-30-2007, 04:29 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,869,842 times
Check into the local Early Childhood PTA groups, MOPS groups (Mothers of Preschoolers), the rec centers offer all kinds of summer programs, church play outings for moms of little ones to local parks, etc. Gymnastics, dance, sports, etc. All kinds of things.

What area of Dallas are you moving to and maybe we can give you some exact places?

Old 05-30-2007, 05:54 PM

were moving to Coppell on friday. the mops and groups of the like, my kids are too old for. my youngest is 5 and starting K5 in the fall. I figured we were too late for summer sports but ill make sure and look into the rec program and see what they have. My oldest is not allowed to do any physical sport due to back problems so for her the only thing she really enjoys is swimming.
we are not overly religious,funny since were coming from SC where it seems there's a church on every corner. my kids attended united methodist preschool and had a great education there.

im really overwhelmed at the last minute stuff for us..and figured i would ask around, and I dont plan on staying a sahm once the kids start school,ill find something during the day or head back to school.

thanks for all your help

Old 05-30-2007, 06:00 PM

1,067 posts, read 5,654,349 times
From what you have posted, it seems to me that The International Moms Club would be your best bet. I was apart of that in Florida and we had play groups for babies, tots and I even got a big kids one going over the summer before I left. It was very fun. I am apart of a moms group in Mckinney, I don't attend many outings due to the kids schedules but summer is here and were going to try real hard to make it some events. I am sure that Coppell has that around there. Just google Moms Club Int. and see where they are at and if that is not any good, do try the Meetup.com and see what is there.
I understand where your coming from. It is is important that our kids have a good summer and be able to play with others.

Last edited by stargazer; 05-30-2007 at 06:20 PM..

Old 05-30-2007, 07:20 PM

709 posts, read 3,473,293 times
My son attends daycare in Coppell and many of the parents say that the Coppell YMCA offers great programs during the summer. Maybe there are some programs they offer that would offer what you are looking for yourself and your children. Coppell has a great swimming pool and water park for lack of better words from what I have heard.

As far as swimming... Rosemeade Recreation Center in North Carrollton has a new addition to their swimming complex/water park of sorts similar to what I've been told Coppell has. You might be able to find something there for your daughter as well.

Old 05-31-2007, 06:21 PM

thanks for all the help..we leave tomorrow after the girls finish school....dallas here we come!

Old 05-31-2007, 06:56 PM

1,560 posts, read 7,146,055 times
Have a safe trip and let us know where you end up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas