U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 07:37 AM

1,560 posts, read 6,458,769 times

Advertisements

Ants are a fact of life. As is a good exterminator. I doubt any builder has more issues with ants (or other bugs) than does any other builder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2007, 08:40 AM

55 posts, read 141,691 times
The high school situation in Plano is different than most of the country. Do I understand correctly that there are two layers of high school?

Old 06-04-2007, 09:20 AM

43 posts, read 105,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadingtoTexas View Post
The high school situation in Plano is different than most of the country. Do I understand correctly that there are two layers of high school?
Yes, they have 3 or maybe 4 high schools that are grades 9 & 10, and then there are 3 senior high schools that are grades 11 & 12. From my understanding, kids in the high schools are bussed to the senior high schools for certain extra-curricular.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge on PISD can provide more info.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:20 AM

14,874 posts, read 36,269,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadingtoTexas View Post
Yes, there are high schools and senior high schools. The high schools have 9th & 10th grades while the juniors and seniors attend the senior high schools. There are only 3 sr high schools in Plano and they are VERY large in population. Plano Sr. High, Plano West and Plano East. No plans to build another at all.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:41 AM

1,560 posts, read 6,458,769 times
Plano East and Plano Senior both have approximately 2500 student. Plano West has about 1900. Plano is very close to being built out, with most of the available land over on the west side, so I understand the ISD's decision on not building more schools. Personally I'd be happier with several smaller schools, but I doubt that will happen at this point.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:52 AM

1,383 posts, read 2,998,197 times
Plano has very good schools. I have heard a lot of good things about them on other boards and people who live there in Plano. They are one of the only school districts with senior high schools. All of the schools in Plano ISD are big and have high enrollments. And yes, Plano is very close to reaching its build-out level. All of that are over there by Plano is growing FAST! I was suprised at the difference in enrollments at the Frisco and Allen high schools. Plano is a very good area and is very safe. Their crime rate is relatively low. Also, you can be in Dallas in minutes.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:07 AM

55 posts, read 141,691 times
We'll most likely be in North Dallas, feeding into the Plano ISD. I am not sure we'll be sending our kids to public school, but I feel good knowing that it's an excellent system.

The proximity to Dallas is excellent!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or