U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2010, 02:00 PM

454 posts, read 541,751 times

Advertisements

Having been away from Dallas now for 3 months ...I decided to come back and visit since moving to San Antonio.
So now that Im here, I'm just like...what possessed me to move away in the first place? I actually do know why I moved...but now I'm just like, perhaps I should have given Dallas a bit more time, moved to a different neighborhood or something.
Being that neither place is really 'home', I didnt really feel attached to either one. But now that Im back here in Dallas, and can make the comparison (for the 100th time) there's just so much more around than in S.A.

Another thing too is, the 2 places are pretty much the same thing. There's some parts of Dallas that feel just like San Antonio...which feels like Mexico. but atleast the whole town isn't like that. Dallas is so much more metropolitan...San Antonio just feels like...ugh, blah. They have 1 small skyline, and thats it. The rest is a bunch of stumpy, colorful...I dont know what the **** those buildings are. Skylines says alot about a city. Like it just feels so industrial in some parts. And there doesnt even seem to be much money over there. In San Antonio, you're pretty much in Mexico lol. The locals don't realize it because they've become accustomed to it. Its just like how Miami is pretty much Cuba.
So at this point, I have no idea what to do. I started disliking San Antonio the moment I moved there, and since then havent really been able to re-coupe to the state of liking it since. Should I just re-locate back to Dallas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2010, 02:19 PM

15 posts, read 40,393 times
san antonio better then dallas we got championship nba

Old 03-06-2010, 02:26 PM

4,625 posts, read 8,852,937 times
From my read I guess the short answer is yeah, you should just move back to D. Or try Houston. HOU has lovely palm trees which makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

SA is just too small for my taste. I'm just not much of a small town guy, maybe you're not either.

Old 03-06-2010, 02:49 PM

30,072 posts, read 47,312,423 times
frankly my only thought was that you had not lived/visited/driven in SA very often to think that it is "better" than Dallas

I hate driving in SA--and while it is a beautiful city to visit-I don't think I could take living there--
and I grew up in Guadalupe county and have sister living north of SA--

Old 03-06-2010, 03:10 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,357,970 times
I find SA interesting and a great place to visit, but I would not choose to live there in it's present status. Too provencial with little diversity.

You may want to tell us what motivated you to move from Dallas. This would help with suggestions on what part of Dallas or the Metroplex might better meet your preferences.

Old 03-06-2010, 05:07 PM

454 posts, read 541,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout_972 View Post
You may want to tell us what motivated you to move from Dallas. This would help with suggestions on what part of Dallas or the Metroplex might better meet your preferences.
Well, when I moved here I was living more towards Irving/Arlington area. But I was still coming to Dallas fairly often, I never hung out in Arlington much.

I just put it like this...I wasn't particularly crazy about Dallas; or Texas in general for that matter. Don't get me wrong...its not that I hated it, its just that it wasn't growing on me and the people here seemed really pretentious. So I decided to check out another area. I've been to Houston a couple of times, but it didnt really click with me. It just felt too 'dirty southish, bayou-like'. Not really into anything along the Gulf whether its Texas or Florida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
frankly my only thought was that you had not lived/visited/driven in SA very often to think that it is "better" than Dallas
I had visited like 3-4 times before I moved and stayed there for few days each time. I guess I was taken in by the palm trees (which are all dead, brown and wretched...talk about false advertising LOL).

I should have known when on city-data...the only pictures of San Antonio are the riverwalk. When you see a city only shows photos of the 1 major attraction, you know there's not much going on.

And Im thinking about gaining weight and getting fat so I can fit in with all the other fat people in San Antonio

Old 03-06-2010, 07:09 PM

44 posts, read 111,956 times
Joei, I feel your pain about living in San Antonio. I have lived here for a few years and I'm going back to the great white north. When you live in a city where you hear roosters crowing in the morning, it's like OMG, I'm in Mexican Hooterville. The first week I was here I was being neighborly and said hello to my neighbor two doors down as he was leaving for work. His lady went berzerk, started breaking glasses and screaming at the top of her lungs "I saw you talking to her" and calling me "p***...p***."
(I think it means w****) wow...welcome to the neighborhood! lol!!

Last edited by spicemice; 03-06-2010 at 07:16 PM.. Reason: add town
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas