U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 07:11 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,784,302 times

Advertisements

I always got the same thing at Nero's even after it went off the menu - Angel Hair Carbonara -- it was always piping hot but still al dente.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2007, 09:17 PM

452 posts, read 1,195,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I always got the same thing at Nero's even after it went off the menu - Angel Hair Carbonara -- it was always piping hot but still al dente.
Oh, that sounds so good right now. I grew up going to Pietro's and even though I know it isn't a good as it used to be, I still crave their marinara.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:44 PM

14,874 posts, read 36,248,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twojciac View Post
I read about a gondola company out in Las Colinas. I have never been, but it might be worth looking into.
LOL!!!! In college we used to go out to Las Colinas and walk along the waterways and then park in the remote parking lot for DFW (free parking back then) and ride the tram the entire trip thru the airport and back (remember Risky Business ). LOL!!! Cheap and free entertainment.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:20 AM

108 posts, read 494,024 times
The Park at Fountain Place (Ross and Field St.) is simply beautiful.
A very popular place for proposals and weddings.

Old 06-06-2007, 04:36 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,784,302 times
Fuse in Downtown also has a great atmosphere - be sure to first or last have drinks on the upstairs patio in the shadow of The Flying Red Horse.

Old 06-06-2007, 06:37 PM

4,486 posts, read 14,922,691 times
Another vote for the French Room. Maybe book a suite at the Adolphus and have rose petals scattered about the bed with a bottle of chilled Don Perignon and a plate of chocolate-covered strawberries. Sounds like a nice evening to me.

Old 06-06-2007, 06:57 PM

1,538 posts, read 6,313,960 times
Thanks for all the great suggestions guys! I'll be sure to pass them along to my friend. I may pass them along to her hubby so he can surprise her.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:54 PM

1 posts, read 2,461 times
We went to the Rosewood Mansion at Turtle Creek for our one year anniversary and it was fabulous. Excellent romantic atmosphere and food was perfect!!

Old 06-10-2012, 06:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Beat me to it. I vote the French Room and a room at the Adolphus. Pick up a copy of D Magazine and see what is going on that day, night, the next day that is close by. Gallery showings, musical performances, etc. Order room service for breakfast or find a place to go eat breakfast/brunch that they have always wanted to try. Go walk around Victory Plaza, down McKinney Ave and ride the trolley, walk the Katy Trail w/ a picnic lunch or the Arboretum the next day. Of course this all assuming that they have a babysitter for their little bundle for the entire night....... that does not need mommy. If they can not spend the night and just have the evenning then dinner at The French Room w/ no hurry to be any where else. Then go stroll around Victory Plaza or McKinney Ave and find a place to stop in for an after dinner drink before heading back home to baby.
momof2dfw: omg!!!! i just register me on the site just want it to say THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! i'm glad i saw your suggestion for anniversary! I'm going to surprise my husband on our first anniversary and we are seeing each other after 8 months!
thanks!
Hina

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 06-10-2012 at 10:42 PM..

Old 06-10-2012, 10:35 PM

2,234 posts, read 2,758,874 times
I love the French Room and The Adolphus Hotel, but for real romance, I suggest Hotel St. Germain. Hotel St. Germain :: Enjoy Your Stay!

It is located on Maple, right off of McKinney, across from The Crescent.

The hotel has only 7 suites and also offers dining. Very nice service. Hubby and I spent our wedding night here. Breakfast was served in the library in front of a warm fireplace (we got married during a snowy Thanksgiving weekend).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or