U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 12:34 AM

1,538 posts, read 4,647,131 times
Default Romantic Places in Dallas for a couples ones year anniversary

One of my good friends is looking for a place to celebrate her one year anniversary. She is absolutely convinced there is nothing romantic to do in the Dallas area. I figured I could get some good suggestions here and pass them on to her. She just had a baby in March so she is looking for someplace quiet, peaceful, and with some privacy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2007, 12:44 AM

2,395 posts, read 5,568,132 times
My wife and I really enjoy Il Sole. Their Osso Bucco (spelling?) is amazing, along with their pan seared calamari (not the little tentacle type calamari, more like several pieces the size of a large french fry). We love the restaurant so much, we had our wedding reception there - rented out the whole restaurant.

Bodega Wine bar is downstairs - neat place to have some wine and relax. Haven't been there on a weekend, so I don't know what the crowds are like.

Old 06-05-2007, 06:32 AM

6,580 posts, read 10,464,280 times
1. Old Warsaw restaurant is VERY classy and old-style elegant. Tell them it's your anniversary!

2. Get a room at the Gaylord Texan and have dinner in The Old Hickory Steakhouse.

3. My own personal favorite, is Angelo's Spagehtti House in lakewood. Reserve the farthest back booth. Good wine list and wonderful Italian food!

Old 06-05-2007, 07:09 AM

418 posts, read 1,264,007 times
My favorite place is Lola's, in the Uptown area. Good food, neat atmosphere, great wine list.

There's always St. Martin's Wine Bistro, on Greenville Avenue. Though, it's a little too "old lady" for my liking. But many people consider it one of the most romantic spots for dinner. There's a pianist, it's dark, etc.

Old 06-05-2007, 07:27 AM

2,395 posts, read 5,568,132 times
Get reservations at the French Room. Book a room in the Adolphus (French Room is in this hotel). Have a bottle of champaign in the room and rose petals strewn around the room...

Old 06-05-2007, 07:29 AM

2,234 posts, read 6,411,306 times
You all have some great ideas - we're celebrating our 20th in August.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:29 AM

452 posts, read 901,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryS80 View Post
One of my good friends is looking for a place to celebrate her one year anniversary. She is absolutely convinced there is nothing romantic to do in the Dallas area. I figured I could get some good suggestions here and pass them on to her. She just had a baby in March so she is looking for someplace quiet, peaceful, and with some privacy.
I've heard that Lola's on Fairmount is really romantic.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:31 AM

452 posts, read 901,982 times
I also wanted to add: Nero's on Greenville used to be quite romantic and I assume it still is.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:35 AM

14,874 posts, read 23,002,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lh_newbie View Post
Get reservations at the French Room. Book a room in the Adolphus (French Room is in this hotel). Have a bottle of champaign in the room and rose petals strewn around the room...
Beat me to it. I vote the French Room and a room at the Adolphus. Pick up a copy of D Magazine and see what is going on that day, night, the next day that is close by. Gallery showings, musical performances, etc. Order room service for breakfast or find a place to go eat breakfast/brunch that they have always wanted to try. Go walk around Victory Plaza, down McKinney Ave and ride the trolley, walk the Katy Trail w/ a picnic lunch or the Arboretum the next day. Of course this all assuming that they have a babysitter for their little bundle for the entire night....... that does not need mommy. If they can not spend the night and just have the evenning then dinner at The French Room w/ no hurry to be any where else. Then go stroll around Victory Plaza or McKinney Ave and find a place to stop in for an after dinner drink before heading back home to baby.

Old 06-05-2007, 09:49 AM

197 posts, read 847,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SepiaZelda View Post
I also wanted to add: Nero's on Greenville used to be quite romantic and I assume it still is.
Nero's closed months ago.
It's Lola, not Lola's.
York Street is also wonderful, and in the same style as Lola. Also Suze (sooz) is a great place, too.
Have fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas