Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 09:14 AM

41 posts, read 91,706 times

Advertisements

On another subject, have any of you tried these holistic dog foods? My GF got turned onto them while washing the dog at urban dogg and she's crazy for them...especially the Taste Of The Wild brand. I read the ingredients and I swear the label made me hungry!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 10:25 AM

1,201 posts, read 4,539,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
On another subject, have any of you tried these holistic dog foods? My GF got turned onto them while washing the dog at urban dogg and she's crazy for them...especially the Taste Of The Wild brand. I read the ingredients and I swear the label made me hungry!

Taste of the Wild is a good food, but it's very rich. I put my two dogs on it because it is grain free and was having problems with my oldest dog and his skin on other foods. My youngest dog ended up getting the worst gas I've ever smelled in my life so I took both of them off it quick. They're both on Evo now and it is grain free, I guess that is what you mean by holistic.

Old 05-06-2010, 01:51 AM

Yeah, sounds like it. I have heard a little about Evo. One weird thing so far is the dog seems to crap less (volume, not frequency), which is nice...I guess because there is less useless 'filler' in these healthier foods.

Haven't had a problem with gas; keeping my fingers crossed on that one.

Can't believe this stuff has everything from deer meat to blueberries in it. Think the dog eats healthier than I do, some days.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Yeah, sounds like it. I have heard a little about Evo. One weird thing so far is the dog seems to crap less (volume, not frequency), which is nice...I guess because there is less useless 'filler' in these healthier foods.

Haven't had a problem with gas; keeping my fingers crossed on that one.

Can't believe this stuff has everything from deer meat to blueberries in it. Think the dog eats healthier than I do, some days.
My boyfriend thinks Im loosing my mind feeding our dogs expensive good food, but one of my dogs has skin problems and this food as really helped him out, so has not giving them table scraps and peanut butter which I think he is allergic to. Anyway.....it took a few days for her to get really bad gas but if yours are pooping less that is good. She was pooping more and it was loose. Evo has got her pooping less but now she is being a brat and won't eat at all!

Old 05-08-2010, 07:12 AM

Well, I see that urban dogg carries Evo too, so maybe we will try some. They also have something called Chicken Soup that I have heard good things about, which is a lot cheaper. I actually think the prices are pretty reasonable, but I don't know where you buy yours.

I don't recall if Dirty Dawgs sold these foods...but the wash experience there really sucks.

This place is a lot better, and it's never crowded.

Old 05-08-2010, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Well, I see that urban dogg carries Evo too, so maybe we will try some. They also have something called Chicken Soup that I have heard good things about, which is a lot cheaper. I actually think the prices are pretty reasonable, but I don't know where you buy yours.

I don't recall if Dirty Dawgs sold these foods...but the wash experience there really sucks.

This place is a lot better, and it's never crowded.
I get mine at Pet Supplies Plus on Mockingbird. There was just a release stating that P&G is buying out Innova/Natura the makers of Evo and P&G is known for testing things on animals. If this happens a lot of people are going to boycott any food associated with this company. They already own companies like Iams which is a TERRIBLE food. Hopefully TOTW will be good for your dogs since they are bigger than mine, they might be able to handle it better.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:28 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,021,771 times
just a sidenote about the chicken soup dog food..... it does have milk products in it and some dogs are lactose intolerant.....

Old 05-15-2010, 01:57 AM

Good point on the milk! I'll have to check that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas