Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 08:16 AM

138 posts, read 571,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyPl1 View Post
You just moved from the area, but you're saying that Murphy radars over 25mph? Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. Murphy Rd is 45mph, 544 is 40mph and Betsy and Heritage are both 35mph. If you were going over 25 mph on any other street than you damned well deserved the ticket because they were residential streets!

There is a 4 way stop sign at 544 and Murphy, a church is on that corner, the speed limit ON 544 goes down to 25 just so the big bellied local yokel cops can sit there and give tickets... probably their only source of revenue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2010, 09:22 AM

264 posts, read 701,690 times
Do you ever shut up? You're back where you want to be, just leave it at that. Seriously, I think there's other issues you have & you're blaming the town for those. It's easy to scapegoat someplace if things went bad there.However, the town isn't to blame. Believe me, every town has its racism and it exists with folks of all races against folks of all races.

Old 07-17-2010, 12:49 PM

3,820 posts, read 8,742,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving2tracy View Post
There is a 4 way stop sign at 544 and Murphy, a church is on that corner, the speed limit ON 544 goes down to 25 just so the big bellied local yokel cops can sit there and give tickets... probably their only source of revenue
You really have no idea what you are talking about. There is a large shopping center with a Lowe's, Sprouts and 24 Fitness on the north east corner. That is a light not a stop sign. And the church hasn't been on that corner in over a year. There's a Jack In the Box there now and the historic church is up near the new HS.

Sales tax revenue is up 10% over last year, which was up 10% over the year before. Property taxes on the homes in Murphy is the largest source of revenue, and yet it's still cheaper than the taxes you would have paid in Wylie as a homeowner.

How long HAS it been since you lived in this area? Because you sound like someone who hasn't been thru Murphy in 6-7yrs. And it's not like you weren't less than 10 minutes away when you were at Sanden. So who pissed in your cheerios to make you come back after several years to blast Wylie?

Old 07-17-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyPl1 View Post
You really have no idea what you are talking about. There is a large shopping center with a Lowe's, Sprouts and 24 Fitness on the north east corner. That is a light not a stop sign. And the church hasn't been on that corner in over a year. There's a Jack In the Box there now and the historic church is up near the new HS.

Sales tax revenue is up 10% over last year, which was up 10% over the year before. Property taxes on the homes in Murphy is the largest source of revenue, and yet it's still cheaper than the taxes you would have paid in Wylie as a homeowner.

How long HAS it been since you lived in this area? Because you sound like someone who hasn't been thru Murphy in 6-7yrs. And it's not like you wer en't less than 10 minutes away when you were at Sanden. So who pissed in your cheerios to make you come back after several years to blast Wylie?

by the upset I have caused here I have struk a nerve beause those of you that live there know it is true and you are stuck there - too bad - you wanna shut me up so bad beause it reminds you of the truth - you are stuck there. If I an spare one person from moving there and going through what we went through, it is worth it. It isn't just the racism. If you think the schools are so great, why not do a little research, and find out WHY Joe Pearce was demoted from Principal to Assistant Athletic Director - a job that didn't exist before but created for him after his demotion. The schools are corrupt. The PD is corrupt. The town is corrupt. The zoning is nothing short of hilarious. If you want to live in a town like that great, good, go for it. I found this forum and I'm warning people about moving there. They should stay in the Metroplex, that is my advice. There are good things about Texas and the Metroplex, the economy is much better there. I have seriously considered moving back to work for cities like Plano or Garland, but I will never set foot in Wylie again. You don't like my advice, you can just move right on by, instead of spazzing out every time I make a post :-) see ya - wouldn't wanna be ya there in that town!

Old 07-17-2010, 01:59 PM

Let me add... my "beef" wasn't just with a crazy racist apartment owner. My "beef" was with the core of the city government and schools. I had a complaint about the principal, went to the school board, he was demoted. I had a complaint about a pd detective, went to another agency in Plano to complain because Wylie PD was not listening to me, this detective was let go. Then that same year, his wife and kids were killed in a car accident skidding off an icy road in Wylie. Did I then feel bad for him, yes. But what my family went through - no family should go through. And I'm beginning to think the City of Wylie sent some goons to this board to try to run me off! What I am saying is truth, and also public record if people want to search and find it. All I'm doing is warning young families - do not move there or you may have to fight City Hall and schools tooth and nail. Why take the chance when there are perfectly good cities like Plano and Garland to live in? Yes now there is a band of goons following me from post to post, trying to bully me into shutting up. I won't! I don't have to! There were two officers at Wylie PD that were great - Stowers was one, and I can't remember the other's name,he was a Sgt. They cared, they were sincere, and they did care about the kids and teens of Wylie. The rest, especially that female detective, I swear they are lucky I didn't bring lawsuits against them and the school district. I honestly haven't thought of Wylie in years, I don't sit and stew over that City, I've moved on. My children are college graduates, married, have children of their own. God has blessed us and given us so much. I just would not want to see another young family move to Wylie Texas and go through what we went through. And you and your goons are not going to shut me up.

Old 07-17-2010, 02:11 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,456,658 times
So, what years did you live in Wylie? I know people who live in Wylie and like it, but none of them lived there prior to 2001.

Old 07-17-2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
So, what years did you live in Wylie? I know people who live in Wylie and like it, but none of them lived there prior to 2001.

From 1990 to 2001 - don't tell me the whole town cleaned up its act and became a lover of all races the year we moved?? LOL! I kind of doubt that! Who knows, maybe they are reaping the benefits of my struggles and hard work? I just don't believe a city would change that much.

Old 07-17-2010, 02:24 PM

264 posts, read 701,690 times
Quote:
Let me add... my "beef" wasn't just with a crazy racist apartment owner. My "beef" was with the core of the city government and schools. I had a complaint about the principal, went to the school board, he was demoted. I had a complaint about a pd detective, went to another agency in Plano to complain because Wylie PD was not listening to me, this detective was let go. Then that same year, his wife and kids were killed in a car accident skidding off an icy road in Wylie. Did I then feel bad for him, yes. But what my family went through - no family should go through. And I'm beginning to think the City of Wylie sent some goons to this board to try to run me off! What I am saying is truth, and also public record if people want to search and find it. All I'm doing is warning young families - do not move there or you may have to fight City Hall and schools tooth and nail. Why take the chance when there are perfectly good cities like Plano and Garland to live in? Yes now there is a band of goons following me from post to post, trying to bully me into shutting up. I won't! I don't have to! There were two officers at Wylie PD that were great - Stowers was one, and I can't remember the other's name,he was a Sgt. They cared, they were sincere, and they did care about the kids and teens of Wylie. The rest, especially that female detective, I swear they are lucky I didn't bring lawsuits against them and the school district. I honestly haven't thought of Wylie in years, I don't sit and stew over that City, I've moved on. My children are college graduates, married, have children of their own. God has blessed us and given us so much. I just would not want to see another young family move to Wylie Texas and go through what we went through. And you and your goons are not going to shut me up.

You have serious issues. Move on. If people want to live there, that's there business. I personally wouldn't want to live in a state that is bankrupt due to paying the costs of illegal immigration & a broken social services system.

Old 07-17-2010, 02:29 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,456,658 times
Quote:
From 1990 to 2001 - don't tell me the whole town cleaned up its act and became a lover of all races the year we moved?? LOL! I kind of doubt that! Who knows, maybe they are reaping the benefits of my struggles and hard work? I just don't believe a city would change that much.
It grew a lot since then - more suburban, less rural - there are two high schools now, for instance.

Old 07-17-2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
It grew a lot since then - more suburban, less rural - there are two high schools now, for instance.

Hard to believe it has changed enough that a person that wasn't racist would feel comfortable there. Hey I'm not saying racists should not live there, I'm not saying racists should not have their own towns too, this is America, you (not you personally) want to be in the KKK you have rights too. Witches, Wiccans, and all kinds of odd people also have rights. I just hate to see a family that isn't racist, move there, and then be like "woah" and they are stuck if they have bought real estate. Especially for the children, my children suffered the most. BTW thanks for posting nicely. People here act like i'm picking on the poor racists. This is America, you (not you personally) want to have odd and wrong ideas, hey that is what is great about America. You (not you personally) can. But it makes it hard if you move to a town, and you dont share their odd or wrong ideas. It is hard on the kids, it is confusing to the children. If you (not you personally) are raising your kids in the Klan, that is your right as an American I suppose, but it confuses kids that are not raised to be racist. That is all I'm saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: