Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 05:49 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,263,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara0914 View Post
I've noticed the same. I've also noticed that I have yet to see a Dunkin Donuts here.. is there one in the North Dallas area? My fave back east is Krispy Kreme .. yum yum good I have tried a Donut place here on Midway and Rosemeade in N Dallas, and they were pretty good, I did like their kolaches better.
Go to their website, they list all of their locations.

Only one I know of anywhere around here is at Preston and Alpha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2014, 06:03 AM

477 posts, read 1,051,146 times
I've noticed the lack of chain donut shops in this area. I find it unusual for a place with so many other chains.
I've tried several of the plain Donut places and was not all that impressed. The donuts were kinda stale and also kind of expensive.
I love the new Dunkins they're putting up everywhere but Dallas it seems. The locations are bigger and they're more coffee shop like than just plain donut shop like.
In the end though, it's just donuts. I may only eat them once or twice a year anyway.
Now if y'all had Beignets

Old 06-03-2014, 07:15 AM

574 posts, read 1,477,865 times
Who needs Dunkin Donuts or Krispy Kreme when there's places like Hypnotic Donut (Lakewood) and Mustang Donuts (Park Cities) my personal favorites. Check out this list for some more awesome non-chain donut places 11 Places to Stuff Your Face With Awesome Donuts - Eater Maps - Eater Dallas

Give me a non-chain donut any day. Actually, give me a non-chain meal any day.

I have to say I was surprised to see Dallas' fascination with donuts when we moved here three years ago. Where we moved from was more into bagels...I do miss a good bagel.

Old 06-03-2014, 07:29 AM

140 posts, read 232,597 times
I noticed the preponderance of local donut shops right away when I moved here. My husband thinks it's just an easy business for recent immigrants who might not yet speak great English to get into, and so word-of-mouth spreads in immigrant communities and more and more are opened. Also interesting to me is that so many of them close at 1 or 2 PM.

Old 06-03-2014, 07:50 AM

2,825 posts, read 4,460,141 times
For just plain old donuts, Mustang Donuts if my favorite(right by SMU).

But for anyone that hasn't tried Hypnotic Donuts...YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO. They make the craziest donuts that are delicious. Also their chicken sandwiches are to die for. CHECK them out.

Hypnotic Donuts/Donuts and Biscuits/ Dallas and Denton TX

Old 06-03-2014, 08:14 AM

290 posts, read 387,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Go to their website, they list all of their locations.

Only one I know of anywhere around here is at Preston and Alpha.

Really?? Im off Alpha and Inwood.. and go to Preston a lot.. I'll have to check next time I'm in the area, I like their iced coffee. Donuts not so much.

Old 06-03-2014, 08:19 AM

290 posts, read 387,734 times
Hypnotic Donuts does look pretty good. I didn't realize there were an abundance of non chain donut places (other then the random ones you see in those pictures on the last page) .. hence why I haven't been wow'ed by any donuts here .. yet! Maybe I'll check out Hypnotic Donuts this weekend

Old 06-03-2014, 08:29 AM

2,825 posts, read 4,460,141 times
Quote:
Hypnotic Donuts does look pretty good. I didn't realize there were an abundance of non chain donut places (other then the random ones you see in those pictures on the last page) .. hence why I haven't been wow'ed by any donuts here .. yet! Maybe I'll check out Hypnotic Donuts this weekend
It's worth it. Get there a little early because the good stuff sometimes goes quick and the line can get a little long. Also consider yourself lucky if you find an open seat inside. You might be eating in the car.

Old 06-03-2014, 05:56 PM

718 posts, read 1,388,723 times
Plano has also a little gem in the Donut House on Mac Dermott and Coit. Those donuts are very light and far less sweet than conventional donuts. The filling is also done on demand. Those are a world apart from places like Dunkin Donuts.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:31 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,484,435 times
Donuts are my personal favorite junk food, so I'm glad there's not a shortage of places to find them

Quote:
Really?? Im off Alpha and Inwood.. and go to Preston a lot.. I'll have to check next time I'm in the area, I like their iced coffee. Donuts not so much.
I really like their coffee, but agree their donuts aren't my favorite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas