U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-12-2010, 04:27 AM

38 posts, read 41,672 times
Default purgatory and Ivy Lounge...for the twenty somethings. Ladies, please tell me its not True!

Ok, I was checking out the nightlife in Dallas on youtube to get a feel of what its gonna be like when I move there and wow. Just, words can not describe the amount of duchebags in the club. Ok, is Dallas serious. I saw so many gorgous women in the club dancing with....duchebags. I'm talking ugly dudes with spiked hair, or emo looking punks who looked like they just flat ironed their hair dancing with models. Is Dallas seriously lacking in decent guys? Is this the only kind of guys gals can choose from? I mean, honestly, here in detroit 90 percent of those guys would have gotten their *ss kicked in a club coming in looking like that. Have some style. I'm just being honest, is it really that bad? If so, im not gonna have trouble what so ever pulling girls. This is ridiculous.

Last edited by cc_matt; 04-12-2010 at 04:40 AM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2010, 07:07 AM

10,150 posts, read 10,489,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_matt View Post
Ok, I was checking out the nightlife in Dallas on youtube to get a feel of what its gonna be like when I move there and wow. Just, words can not describe the amount of duchebags in the club. Ok, is Dallas serious. I saw so many gorgous women in the club dancing with....duchebags. I'm talking ugly dudes with spiked hair, or emo looking punks who looked like they just flat ironed their hair dancing with models. Is Dallas seriously lacking in decent guys? Is this the only kind of guys gals can choose from? I mean, honestly, here in detroit 90 percent of those guys would have gotten their *ss kicked in a club coming in looking like that. Have some style. I'm just being honest, is it really that bad? If so, im not gonna have trouble what so ever pulling girls. This is ridiculous.
How can you tell they were douchebags by just watching a video?

Old 04-12-2010, 07:17 AM

219 posts, read 611,157 times
IMO Dallas isn't much of a club city. Most decent, self respecting guys don't go to clubs to look for women. Women at clubs tend to be shallow and materialistic - and that's why you saw douchebags in whatever video you were watching.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimithing78 View Post
IMO Dallas isn't much of a club city. Most decent, self respecting guys don't go to clubs to look for women. Women at clubs tend to be shallow and materialistic - and that's why you saw douchebags in whatever video you were watching.
I think its actually the other way around. Dallas is very much a club city and its because of the materialism that does exist in certain parts of the city that it is a club city. The materialistic side of Dallas comes out in spades in the clubs in Uptown and Oak Lawn. However there are some places in Knox-Henderson, Bishop Arts, and Addison where the materialism isnt so in your face.

We went to the Liars Den last Saturday night for a friends birthday and while the girls are some of the most beautiful you will see in any city, they can be pretty shallow.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
How can you tell they were douchebags by just watching a video?
Well, for starters, this one WHITE guy was being interviewed at the Ivy Lounge (probably a promotion thing for the club) and the dude kept dropping the N bomb left and right. I was like what????? Who does this dude think he is. Then from the balconies I see a bunch of guys tossing money down to the dance floor like it was a strip club. What? Lanative, just youtube dallas nightlife and you will see what i'm talking about. You dont need to have to sit down and talk to them to figure out their idiots, just watch their behavior on the videos.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Well, for starters, this one WHITE guy was being interviewed at the Ivy Lounge (probably a promotion thing for the club) and the dude kept dropping the N bomb left and right. I was like what????? Who does this dude think he is. Then from the balconies I see a bunch of guys tossing money down to the dance floor like it was a strip club. What? Lanative, just youtube dallas nightlife and you will see what i'm talking about. You dont need to have to sit down and talk to them to figure out their idiots, just watch their behavior on the videos.
Ahh. I thought it might be just a video at a club.

I dont know about the N bomb. I hear people use it more in a comradery sense than a racist sense, but I still dont like it.

As for the "rain shower" on the dance floor, Ive seen that at alot of clubs here in Dallas. Ive never seen it once in any other city outside a strip club. Its strange, but hey, free money I guess.

Its a good opprotunity to start a new trend. Go to the club and create a "hail storm". This entails bringing about $50 worth of pennies and throwing them on all the people in the club.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:54 AM

haha, may have to try that one LAnative.....the guy who was blowing up the N word was white though, so I really though he overstepped his boundries a bit. I'm from detroit and even the white guys here are careful about using that word.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:02 PM

5,028 posts, read 4,763,593 times
Quote:
Ew. I just watched a few seconds of the Ivy Lounge video and all I can say is clubbing sure has changed since my day! I got as far as them showing the "go-go" dancers. Hmm, usually would refer to what their doing as more of a dance in a strip bar. That goes for the clients, as well. God, I'm old!

Old 04-12-2010, 12:27 PM

25,170 posts, read 33,503,551 times
That area of Dallas is extreme far left. That is their culture.

Try the ghost bar in victory park. Or the bars on greenville. You will find less emos and more average looking folks.

Old 04-12-2010, 02:43 PM

Thanks Artsyguy, my buddie who lives in Dallas also recommended clubs in greenville. He says there more down to earth there. The ones that I was checking out like Ivy and Purgetory, I think most of the people there are college kids from SMU. My buddy told me to watch out there that crowd!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas