U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-13-2010, 11:20 AM

1 posts, read 3,873 times
Default Stonewater Crossing

My wife and I are looking at the community of Stonewater Crossing in Frisco. The two builders who build homes there are Highland Homes and American Legend Homes. I have 2 questions

1. Can anyone give me some information and insight into the community of Stonewater Crossing?

2. Highland Homes Vs. American Legend Homes - Pros and Cons?

Thank you in advance.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 03:35 PM

3,930 posts, read 8,717,910 times
The community opened last year in May and Highland has sold 30 homes since then. American Legend just recently got there and are still building their model. There will be about 240 homes when the community is done. They are close to opening up the second phase. The lot sizes average 70 X 120. The HOA is 660 a year and they are building the community pool, cabana and playground right now. Good tax rate at 2.1

The biggest downsize is that it's right off 423 which is a nighmare to go through at rush hour so you really have to go down main street to the tollway to go south.

Both good builders, I am a bit partial towards Highland. Start in the low 300s to the high 400s.

It is close to Frisco Lakes which is a 55+ active adult community so for those people wanting to have their parents close by it's a plus.

I hope this helps.

Naima

Old 05-18-2010, 01:57 PM

1 posts, read 3,749 times
I live here and we love it! Unfortunately, we are being relocated by my wife's company. Moderator cut: no ads allowed The neighborhood is great. People walk in the evenings and visit. We are going to miss this place.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 01-22-2011 at 04:43 PM..

Old 08-12-2011, 03:10 PM

1 posts, read 2,854 times
We just moved here in January and love it. We chose a Highland Home although the American Legend homes we looked at were lovely as well. Our builder has been stellar. If there were any things that needed tweaking, he was there within the day to take a look, give advice or get it fixed. The neighborhood elementary school is Sparks Elem. Great school, very close and expemplary rating. The middle school and high school that we route into have exemplary ratings as well. My girls like to feed the ducks, fish and geese in the front pond near the development entrance. Best of luck!

Old 08-12-2011, 03:14 PM

846 posts, read 889,141 times
Check out Willow Ridge,Deer Run,Cedar Ridge and Gentle Creek in Prosper if you are interested in neighborhoods with larger lots and rolling terrain....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas