Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2011, 10:44 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,271,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
They're going to draw from the entire east/central/north Dallas area, including uptown. That CFA is the closest one to my Uptown/Oak Lawn address and even though it's probably 4 miles away, I still hit it a couple of times a month. The next closest CFA is across from Jesuit. I-N-O seems to be following a similar store spacing strategy with no other plans for a second location inside 635. I-N-O will also draw on the NorthPark crowds since it's 1 exit from the mall.

I can't really think of any restaurants/attractions/shops along 75 or the Tollroad south of 635 that draw from "drive by" traffic.
Actually a lot of my coworkers live pretty far from the office, they found their favorite lunch haunts by spotting them on the way to/from work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 10:46 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,825,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gribbler View Post
Just shut up and stick to the topic at hand.
AMEN!

Old 06-08-2011, 12:38 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,949,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
With everyone going on about how it's not worth waiting 20 minutes or so for "fast food" I have to just let you know that even those places that do not "cook to order" like In-N-Out can take forever as well. I was out and about yesterday and decided to drive thru McD's for a large $1 drink. I was literally 3 cars from the window to order. It was 14 minutes later that I finally got my drink. A drink only. Car in front of me ordered some mixed cold drink they have advertised. I'd hate to know how long it would have taken if people had actually ordered food. Oh, that's right, it's already cooked, assembled and sitting under a heat lamp so it would not have taken any longer

I did have someone yesterday say that over the weekend the Frisco location the line was wrapped around the neighboring parking lot. No, I would not wait for that.
You should see Jack in the Box or Whataburger (especially) late at night on the weekends. Fast food at restaurant times. InO is not too slow at all, compared to other places. All are about the same really.

Old 06-08-2011, 01:44 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,252,969 times
I've stayed away from this thread and didn't read through any of the pages. I broke down today and had a 1 hour break between appointments and was in the Fairview area. I stopped by this place to check it out. First, the police were directing traffic in the drive-thru, then once I got in the lane, I realized that there were about 20 cars in front of me and orange cones on each side, so I couldn't get out. Looked at the building and there was a line all the way to the outside.

The fries were pretty good, not too greasy. The burger was good too, and that "special sauce' tastes just like thousand island dressing (sorry to those fans that think this is an insult). I don't think it's worth waiting 30 minutes in line for but considering the amount of people, I thought the line moved pretty fast.

Naima

Old 06-08-2011, 07:35 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,530,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorhen3 View Post
Do you know if they are building it at the Firewheel mall or somewhere close to the mall?

On the corner of Towne Center and 78

I believe the address will be 150 Towne Center Blvd - or was it 130??

Old 06-08-2011, 09:06 AM

4,500 posts, read 12,339,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Then its not for you to get. I mean, weve had this conversation continually, nobody is comparing them to the classic stand alone. Were talking about fast food here......
Is Chipotle the best Mexcian food in the world???? Nope, but theyve got a good fast product that does very well. Thats what its about.
Now I do understand that, and frankly, I find even Wendy's to taste better, but that's my opinion.

My point is this: People are raving over this burger to the point where the line in the drive through wraps around the building twice and people stand in line, out the door.

At that point it's gonna be just as fast or faster to get your burger from a proper place, and it'll taste endlessly better too.

I understand liking one fast food burger joint over another one, for when you need a quick bite or don't want to deal with dinner, but I don't understand sitting in line for 45 minutes, waiting on a mediocre burger, when you can get quality in 20 minutes.

And frankly, when someone says it's the best burger they've ever had, they need to try more/other burgers).

Old 06-08-2011, 10:12 AM

1,103 posts, read 1,659,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
And frankly, when someone says it's the best burger they've ever had, they need to try more/other burgers).
You got that right.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:13 AM

1,631 posts, read 4,224,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
Now I do understand that, and frankly, I find even Wendy's to taste better, but that's my opinion.

My point is this: People are raving over this burger to the point where the line in the drive through wraps around the building twice and people stand in line, out the door.

At that point it's gonna be just as fast or faster to get your burger from a proper place, and it'll taste endlessly better too.

I understand liking one fast food burger joint over another one, for when you need a quick bite or don't want to deal with dinner, but I don't understand sitting in line for 45 minutes, waiting on a mediocre burger, when you can get quality in 20 minutes.

Also, 7 times out of 10 I would pick In n Out over say, Kenny's for several reasons, but I do prefer their burger to many and it depends on my mood as well.
Mediocre to some, excellent to others. Taste is subjective. I would argue that Wendy's is disgusting and bland. When I do that, because you like Wendy's you might come back at me with a defense. It's no big deal.

Old 06-08-2011, 12:00 PM

333 posts, read 638,866 times
hahaha 144 page thread

Old 06-08-2011, 12:48 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,339,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bungle View Post
Also, 7 times out of 10 I would pick In n Out over say, Kenny's for several reasons, but I do prefer their burger to many and it depends on my mood as well.
Mediocre to some, excellent to others. Taste is subjective. I would argue that Wendy's is disgusting and bland. When I do that, because you like Wendy's you might come back at me with a defense. It's no big deal.
Actually no, like I said it's an opinion, at the end of the day, chain/fast food burgers is and will always be a chain/fast food burger.

People rave over Five Guys as well, and yeah, it's decent, but it is a fast food burger.

I just don't don't understand 30-45 minute waits for something that is, by definition, a mediocre meal, especially when you can get a good one a lot faster.

(Yes, I think Wendy's burgers are mediocre as well, if compared to a good burger, but I've never waited more than 5 minutes at a Wendy's.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas