Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2011, 08:26 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETex2 View Post
skinny little patties and three times as much in vegetables is not my preference in a burger.
That is exactly my preference. I like meat, but I like it with lots of veggies. I even order my BLT (nature's perfect sandwich) with extra T & L.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 08:57 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,529,597 times
All this talk about In-N-Out - man I am hungry!

Old 07-20-2011, 11:06 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
First visit to Dallas location (went in off Caruth Haven and parked to get to-go) yesterday: In 2:52 pm Out 3:03 pm Home 3:07 pm

Old 07-20-2011, 04:38 PM

297 posts, read 512,401 times
Sounds like In-N-Out is on the menu for lunch tomorrow.

Old 07-20-2011, 05:18 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,979,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdflyer View Post
Yet another fantasy. The company has way too much invested here ... 70,000 square foot processing/distribution center, multiple locations under construction and many employees permanently moved here... for it to be a test market. This is probably the single largest risk they've ever taken in their 60 year history. They have to spread outside of DFW in order to efficiently operate the processing center.

If In n Out fails here, it will an epic failure.
Fantasy they will expand in Texas beyond the D/FW market?

Get your head checked or use some common sense one or the other.

Houston & Austin would be gold mines for In N Out if the success of their Dallas stores are any indicator. I'm sure there would even be a place for an In N Out in San Antonio.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:23 PM

277 posts, read 577,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Fantasy they will expand in Texas beyond the D/FW market?

Get your head checked or use some common sense one or the other.

Houston & Austin would be gold mines for In N Out if the success of their Dallas stores are any indicator. I'm sure there would even be a place for an In N Out in San Antonio.
I think he was taking issue specifically with your "test the market" part of your post.

They're not so much testing DFW to expand as much as they just want to get a footprint into the region. I'd bank on them having 20 locations or so before they start setting up for Houston/Austin/San Antonio. I would think that if their processing plant is in Dallas that they'd eventually go up to OKC, East Texas/Shreveport, and then places like Lubbock/Abilene and maybe down to Corpus. They'll pretty much go as far as a day's delivery (Irvine CA to Tucson) so I think we might even see locations are far east as Little Rock and maybe Memphis.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:02 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,979,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gribbler View Post
I think he was taking issue specifically with your "test the market" part of your post.

They're not so much testing DFW to expand as much as they just want to get a footprint into the region. I'd bank on them having 20 locations or so before they start setting up for Houston/Austin/San Antonio. I would think that if their processing plant is in Dallas that they'd eventually go up to OKC, East Texas/Shreveport, and then places like Lubbock/Abilene and maybe down to Corpus. They'll pretty much go as far as a day's delivery (Irvine CA to Tucson) so I think we might even see locations are far east as Little Rock and maybe Memphis.
I heard their plant was somewhere out in West Texas or the Pan Handle, not Dallas.

Anyways its less than a days drive from Dallas to all of those cities I mentioned. Hell I brought my friend an In N Out from Dallas to Pearland (South Houston) in less than 4 hours & it was still fresh.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:14 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,529,597 times
going this weekend! Wahoo@!

Old 07-22-2011, 02:29 PM

1,315 posts, read 2,679,239 times
I am sure that the in n out execs are jumping for joy at the success of the first 3 locations in Texas.The Frisco loation seems like it is crowded from open to close.Best burger ever.The three by three and four by four are the usual choices for us.

Old 07-22-2011, 03:06 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,462,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW747 View Post
I am sure that the in n out execs are jumping for joy at the success of the first 3 locations in Texas.The Frisco loation seems like it is crowded from open to close.Best burger ever.The three by three and four by four are the usual choices for us.
if you think In-n-out is the best burger ever you need to try some more burger places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas