Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2011, 05:52 PM

390 posts, read 715,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzro View Post
We are all aware that Houston's food is outstanding and that there exist burgers superior to I&O. However, comparing a $3.25 burger to a $12.00 burger is a bit absurd. Do you also recommend Cantina Laredo in Taco Bell threads? Swing and a miss...
$12 for a burger in Dallas?! Um, no. (I've only paid that kind of money for a burger as an expat in Paris at Coffee Parisian.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 01:54 PM

812 posts, read 2,183,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Right...no comparison just stated a fact...sorry you have trouble connecting what you read.

Spoiled? How about this instead. I moved to CA and recalled while in growing up in Texas hearing the rave about In N Out burgers being so amazing...I got here and could not wait to try one. I tried one and was blown away at how un-amazing it was. I thought maybe it was that one location so I tried another location but took my Texas partner with me and AGAIN is was un-amazing and we both felt sick afterwards. So with that experience I came into this thread to share this knowledge...see how spoiled I am

Then don't claim as if you know that everbody is aware of it

Note that sounds like a personal problem to me. No mistake if you are craving a good burger and the best fries!

I have eaten at Houston's for over 25 years and have tried everything on the menu. Everything is exceptional. When I am in the mood for a great filet mignon...that is where I go. When I am in the mood for a great grilled salmon meal...that is where I go. Craving those grilled artichoke hearts...the best place you will find them! And don't forget about those slow cooked ribs or those yummy crab cakes! When I am craving a great burger...that is where I go...try it you might like it!

Wrong again buddy...you actually missed my sarcasm towards your ignorant remarks. You were being a smartass and I responded with sarcasm...come on now I know some Texans are slow but really!

Nope can't say that I have seen that one...but it actually mirrors your reading comprehension issues and your responses.

Swing away baby and Happy Friday! I'm on my way to the Embarcadero listening to my ZZ Top while zooming on my White Stallion

ZZ Top - Balinese - YouTube
Ha Ha, I like you!

I'm one of the 283 people in DFW that hasn't tried I&O yet. Once the crowds dwindle down at the Allen location in 4 years I'll give it a try.

Old 09-26-2011, 06:11 AM

237 posts, read 499,237 times
TVC15, thanks for the laughs, your last response plus the picture had me totally cracking up!! Good stuff...have a nice day!

I have inlaws in town who wanted to go to I&O, so we went to Frisco yesterday. There is no question that I&O, bang for the buck, simply blows other fast food burgers out of the water. Whataburger is pretty good as well, but I&O simply trumps it, no question.

We were there at an off-time, 3:00 on a Sunday, but there was no line and seating was no issue either.

j

Old 09-26-2011, 01:39 PM

181 posts, read 234,117 times
Is it true that in and out burger has a secret menu?

Old 09-26-2011, 02:22 PM

36 posts, read 63,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali1234 View Post
Is it true that in and out burger has a secret menu?

Well. It is a "secret menu". But, it's not that secret.

IN-N-OUT Burger

Old 09-27-2011, 04:50 PM

871 posts, read 2,689,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggolf View Post
Ha Ha, I like you!

I'm one of the 283 people in DFW that hasn't tried I&O yet. Once the crowds dwindle down at the Allen location in 4 years I'll give it a try.
As I have explained, the Allen location is more busy than others, in part, because of OK people coming down 75. You should try it at any other DFW area location if the Allen crowds are so bothersome.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:18 PM

702 posts, read 2,722,765 times
For those who care, the Irving location opens tomorrow.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:40 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,224,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan#1 View Post

Waiting for responses only from those who don't care....lol

Old 09-28-2011, 04:23 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,949,325 times
The Arlington location opened up last week. It looks to have the largest footprint of all the other locations, but I dont know that for sure. The parking lot is the largest that I've seen (been to all that are open, except Frisco). Busy location on 20 and between the Parks and Highlands.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:10 AM

137 posts, read 328,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan#1 View Post
The manager at Five Guys across the street cares! Yesterday I noticed tears in his eyes as he looked out his front door at In n Out.

And I care... its 2.8 miles from my house. Can hardly wait to go and thought about lunch today but any good restaurant on that MacArthur corridor is madness at lunch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas