Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2011, 06:39 PM

2,182 posts, read 5,436,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
You made a statement that I don't agree with. I gave an example to dispute your basic argument of why some dislike the fries (i.e. they have no preservatives), and some other posters also disagreed with your statement. It doesn't bother me if you like them and it shouldn't bother you if I don't like them. Call me a rambler if that's the best comeback you've got...
some doesn't equal all though, I don't see why there is a dispute at all if you aren't the some, you're the rest
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 08:30 PM

Fries are on topic

either way, I'm eating INO tomorrow at the "Village" area one on 75.....can't wait

Old 10-15-2011, 08:00 AM

621 posts, read 1,332,911 times
I went to the one in Frisco on Preston. I was not impressed, burger sucked, fries were little stubs, cold and nasty.............I won't try another In N Out!

Old 10-15-2011, 08:45 AM

18 posts, read 28,504 times
I am doing In N Out for lunch today, bringing a few friends!!

Old 10-15-2011, 04:21 PM

6,800 posts, read 14,023,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twincam666 View Post
I went to the one in Frisco on Preston. I was not impressed, burger sucked, fries were little stubs, cold and nasty.............I won't try another In N Out!

I went to that In n Out last Thursday and had a double double. It was good but not great. I did notice they had a huge barrel full of peeled fries. I guess it is the cooking process that makes them taste below average. They are okay for fast food but I still don't see the hype.

Old 10-15-2011, 06:08 PM

504 posts, read 800,776 times
Itineraries - Best burgers in the U.S. (http://itineraries.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/09/29/8040435-best-burgers-in-the-us - broken link)

Best Burgers in the US. In-N-Out is No. 1. They absolutely got it right.

Old 10-16-2011, 07:04 PM

137 posts, read 328,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post

Most French fries are delicious.. the fact that I prefer my BAKED potato sticks to In'n'Out fries is to me, a good indicator of how sub-par their fries are.
Is it really a good indicator of sub-par fries or is it an indicator of how much of a fabulous cook you are?

I guess I don't understand the point in arguing that slicing and heavily seasoning potatoes and baking them in the oven is better than fresh cut french fries. You are comparing two different things so why make the comparison.

Using your argument I could say I prefer my home grilled, high heat seared New York strip steak to an In n Out Double Double. Its an argument that makes no sense.

Ive had fries at Maison Antoine in Brussels. They are famous for their fries and they par cook first and then finish when they are ordered. Five Guys does the same thing. Its a different process and produces a different result than In n Out. Either way, like In n Out, they are fresh and natural, not frozen and without preservatives, fillers and only salt and pepper as a flavor enhancer.

Old 10-16-2011, 09:49 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,815,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdflyer View Post
Is it really a good indicator of sub-par fries or is it an indicator of how much of a fabulous cook you are?

I guess I don't understand the point in arguing that slicing and heavily seasoning potatoes and baking them in the oven is better than fresh cut french fries. You are comparing two different things so why make the comparison.

Using your argument I could say I prefer my home grilled, high heat seared New York strip steak to an In n Out Double Double. Its an argument that makes no sense.

Ive had fries at Maison Antoine in Brussels. They are famous for their fries and they par cook first and then finish when they are ordered. Five Guys does the same thing. Its a different process and produces a different result than In n Out. Either way, like In n Out, they are fresh and natural, not frozen and without preservatives, fillers and only salt and pepper as a flavor enhancer.
I don't know why it would be inappropriate to compare the two different cooking methods. Did you look at the link VegasMan posted? Looks like INO burgers stacks up better than any of the "gourmet" burgers in that list. Why shouldn't their fries? INO got first place, of course that kind of makes that list a bit suspect, just sayin'.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:40 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,463,107 times
Was at the 75 location near lovers today for lunch. Zero line and plenty of room to sit. I knew the newness would wear off and it would be like going to a mcdonalds eventually.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
I don't know why it would be inappropriate to compare the two different cooking methods. Did you look at the link VegasMan posted? Looks like INO burgers stacks up better than any of the "gourmet" burgers in that list. Why shouldn't their fries? INO got first place, of course that kind of makes that list a bit suspect, just sayin'.
I think the fries at INO are pretty awesome.....I'd prefer it if they didn't change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas