Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2013, 11:01 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,812,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
That would be cool.

Anyhow, I've never tried 5 Guys but Smashburger is okay. We've gotten to where we really like burgers from a good Steak house. I'm not sure if they are considered gourmet but their delicious. Now I haven't had a pretzel bun but have seen them advertised around town...It was some place I can't stand like Sonic but can't remember.
It's sonic. Even hot dog buns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 11:05 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,977,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bungle View Post
I don't have Whataburger access anymore but they also add mustard and cheese to animal style. The difference is the fresh cut potatoes. Whataburger's fries are pretty bad. In n Out's are good when fresh and hot. People complain about them because they're just potatoes with no strange chemicals in them so of course they're going to cool down on the way home and not be the same as fresh. Whereas Whataburger and other places have frozen fries designed to last a little longer.
In N Out's fries are disgusting & taste like cardboard. Most people would agree.

Frozen fries in the fast food restaurant business will always be superior. Fresh cut just doesn't taste good unless they're straight out of the deep fryer.

You'd think it would be the opposite, but its not.

Old 08-15-2013, 11:47 AM

2,821 posts, read 3,536,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
That would be cool.

Anyhow, I've never tried 5 Guys but Smashburger is okay. We've gotten to where we really like burgers from a good Steak house. I'm not sure if they are considered gourmet but their delicious. Now I haven't had a pretzel bun but have seen them advertised around town...It was some place I can't stand like Sonic but can't remember.
Five guys is awesome. The burgers and the seasoned fries are better than in n out, and that's coming from someone born and raised in CA who ate in n out my whole life.

Old 08-15-2013, 11:50 AM

19,767 posts, read 18,050,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
In N Out's fries are disgusting & taste like cardboard. Most people would agree.

Frozen fries in the fast food restaurant business will always be superior. Fresh cut just doesn't taste good unless they're straight out of the deep fryer.

When ur right ur right.

In N Out's fries taste like warm, greasy, and salty styrofoam.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:37 PM

2,348 posts, read 4,816,248 times
Quote:

I tend to disagree with most of what you say and this is no exception...Total bologna. Tell that Five Guys fries, fresh cut, fried in Peanut Oil and sprinkled with some malt vinegar are probably the best fries of all of these places.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:50 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,977,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skids929 View Post
I tend to disagree with most of what you say and this is no exception...Total bologna. Tell that Five Guys fries, fresh cut, fried in Peanut Oil and sprinkled with some malt vinegar are probably the best fries of all of these places.
Great American Bites: Is In-N-Out Burger overhyped?

Old 08-15-2013, 12:56 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,223,186 times
Quote:
Fresh cut just doesn't taste good unless they're straight out of the deep fryer.

That's basically what I was saying. Frozen fries are never superior though. I mean, what is a French fry? A cut and fried and salted potato which is exactly what in n out does. Go figure!

Old 08-15-2013, 01:22 PM

5,263 posts, read 6,398,312 times
Quote:
That's basically what I was saying. Frozen fries are never superior though. I mean, what is a French fry? A cut and fried and salted potato which is exactly what in n out does. Go figure!
I agree with the others that In N Out fries are pretty terrible. My fries at home that I cook taste nothing like In N Out fries, and it's not like I've got jars of preservatives I dump on them before cooking them. In N Out fries to me taste like those frozen shoestring fries that you cook in an oven for 20 minutes and serve to little kids - mushy on the inside, dry on the outside.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:28 PM

2,353 posts, read 3,859,742 times
What is with the secret menu at In-N-Out?

Old 08-15-2013, 01:34 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,223,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DitsyD View Post
What is with the secret menu at In-N-Out?
It's just a few off menu items and ways of preparing the food. It has been outlined numerous times in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas