Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2011, 08:20 AM

554 posts, read 1,196,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Preach it, brother.
Thanks! Yes, it HAD to be said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 08:44 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,864,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerGuy View Post
See? STRICTLY drive-thru fast food burger restaurants. Five Guys, Twisted Root, Mooyah, Fudruckers, Red Robin, etc. are NOT in the same category.
Five Guys, have not been to one yet. I've heard mixed reports but will try them sometime.

Twisted Root - LOVE! Love their homemade Root Beer and their spicy pickles. My oldest likes the turkey burger. I like their burgers as well and the adult shake options. Burgers are made to order Like that they came from the hole in the wall and are trying to keep the atmosphere kind of fun at the newer locations.

Mooyah - YUCK!!!! While it was okay and tasted fine it's not all that fresh. Sorry but piles of already cooked bacon just waiting to be used on a burger, GROSS! Stacks of potatoes all in the fryer baskets just waiting for the next order....... how long have they been cut and sitting there, GROSS! Not to mention the fact it's a bit pricey for burgers.

Fudruckers - their quality has gone down in the last several years. At least it was all cooked to order INCLUDING the bacon, lol. Still, it's a chain. Eh, could take it or leave it. If they all closed up tomorrow I can't say that I'd miss them at all.

Red Robin - we have one close by. EXCELLENT SERVICE (Love Sam at our local one ). We have tried just about everything on the menu . I like their lunch specials and can do a half sandwich and soup/salad. Their salads are really good. Don't always eat a burger when here but they are HUGE and very good.

However, NONE of these can be compared to In-n-Out. They are just not in the same catagory. But, I'd take In-n-Out over Mooyah and Fuddruckers ANY DAY!

Old 03-28-2011, 09:03 AM

554 posts, read 1,196,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Five Guys, have not been to one yet. I've heard mixed reports but will try them sometime.

Twisted Root - LOVE! Love their homemade Root Beer and their spicy pickles. My oldest likes the turkey burger. I like their burgers as well and the adult shake options. Burgers are made to order Like that they came from the hole in the wall and are trying to keep the atmosphere kind of fun at the newer locations.

Mooyah - YUCK!!!! While it was okay and tasted fine it's not all that fresh. Sorry but piles of already cooked bacon just waiting to be used on a burger, GROSS! Stacks of potatoes all in the fryer baskets just waiting for the next order....... how long have they been cut and sitting there, GROSS! Not to mention the fact it's a bit pricey for burgers.

Fudruckers - their quality has gone down in the last several years. At least it was all cooked to order INCLUDING the bacon, lol. Still, it's a chain. Eh, could take it or leave it. If they all closed up tomorrow I can't say that I'd miss them at all.

Red Robin - we have one close by. EXCELLENT SERVICE (Love Sam at our local one ). We have tried just about everything on the menu . I like their lunch specials and can do a half sandwich and soup/salad. Their salads are really good. Don't always eat a burger when here but they are HUGE and very good.

However, NONE of these can be compared to In-n-Out. They are just not in the same catagory. But, I'd take In-n-Out over Mooyah and Fuddruckers ANY DAY!
I LOVE RED ROBIN! That is my favorite dine-in burger. I get their Guacamole Bacon Burger and can only eat half after eating half the fries and a basket of their Mozzarella Sticks. Two meals out of that place, easily.

Five Guys. Must be the management and the good employees at the one in Plano near Preston/121. Always cooked just right and never dry as others have alleged. It must be the location. They are always packed.

IN-N-OUT and Carl's are my favorites. IN-N-OUT rules fast food drive-thru market IMO.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:15 AM

1,201 posts, read 4,539,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
You act like people haven't gotten food poisoning from In-N-Out before.
Umm....I haven't!

Old 03-28-2011, 02:00 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,949,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerGuy View Post
See? Now how many people would do that for McDonald's or Burger King? LOL
I am going to wait for at least two weeks after IN-N-OUT opens before I try to get in that line. I have been 6 years without, what's another 2 weeks?
I can't wait until In-N-Out finally opens up here. We'll see how packed the place is two weeks after opening. I have a feeling it'll get the same amount of traffic as other fast food places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_mac View Post
Umm....I haven't!
Doesn't mean others have not. My point was, just because one location of Five Guys may have given you food poisoning does not mean all locations are like that.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:03 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,983,112 times
5 Guys in Denton is very good!!!

In-N-Out is being waay over hyped IMO.

Texas has MUCH better burger joints that are small local mom n pops so why go to a chain restaurant in the first place?

We do beef here in Texas better than California hands down.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:17 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,949,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
5 Guys in Denton is very good!!!

In-N-Out is being waay over hyped IMO.

Texas has MUCH better burger joints that are small local mom n pops so why go to a chain restaurant in the first place?

Every city has local burger joints that will beat out any fast food joints. That's not the point. We aren't comparing In-N-Out to those, but instead other fast food places. In-N-out does well against many of them, but they will face their strongest competition ever with their expansion into Texas, where other fast food burger chains have been here for decades. This isn't In-N-Out's home Western US territory anymore.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:31 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,983,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Every city has local burger joints that will beat out any fast food joints. That's not the point. We aren't comparing In-N-Out to those, but instead other fast food places. In-N-out does well against many of them, but they will face their strongest competition ever with their expansion into Texas, where other fast food burger chains have been here for decades. This isn't In-N-Out's home Western US territory anymore.
I still can recall the hype when Krystal Burger first came to Texas (Houston).

It didn't last long before the hype died down & it became "just another place" to get a fast food hamburger. I can foresee this same thing happening with In-N-Out.

They will surely face serious competition here in Texas no doubt with all of the different choices already.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Geez. Guess you missed the memo. In-n-Out uses FRESH ingredients, never frozen. They will be using TEXAS BEEF here at their Texas locations.

"Caviness Beef Packers, a family-run cattle operation in the Texas Panhandle, will deliver beef to the Dallas-area plant. From there, it will go through the same labor-intensive butchering process I observed five years ago when I became the first reporter to get an inside look at In-N-Out’s beef plant. "

Old 03-28-2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:
I still can recall the hype when Krystal Burger first came to Texas (Houston).

It didn't last long before the hype died down & it became "just another place" to get a fast food hamburger. I can foresee this same thing happening with In-N-Out.

They will surely face serious competition here in Texas no doubt with all of the different choices already.
There is a HUGE difference, that has already been mentioned numerous times, between the way Krstyal's operates and the way In-n-Out operates. In-n-Out has ZERO FRANCHISE OWNERS!!!! Many of the Krystal's locations here were poorly managed. I sold to several of them and can testify firsthand about their mismanagement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas