Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2010, 02:40 PM

3 posts, read 8,604 times

Advertisements

Hello!
This is my first post........
Me and my husband are moving to Dallas next month. My work place is going to be Dallas Tx 75232. I have a 3 years old boy. I would appreciate if somebody could suggest few places and areas to live close to my work place. I am also looking for day care/preschool for my boy any references please.. We both are in Late 20s and finance is not an issue. Looking for safe neighborhood.
Would appreciate your reply.
Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 09:32 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,864 times
You probly not going to find a lot of responses about that area code but I think those that do will probly point you to the south of Interstate 20, like Cedar Hill or Grand Prairie, or further to Red Oak if a commute is in your bargain.

South Dallas is very separate from north of Interstate 30 (downtown) not only by industry, but by poorer neighborhoods and the Trinity River and other wetlands. The area around and south of I-20 is much more recent development and maybe neighborhoods that are preferred. I don't have a link but you might try to research crime statistics.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:56 PM

1,637 posts, read 4,105,765 times
Relatively close communities that you might consider are: Duncanville, DeSoto, Lancaster, Cedar Hill, and Glenn Heights. You can find nice homes and neighborhoods in all of these cities. I would also add far southwest Dallas (zip code: 75249) to the list of possibilities as well.

Regarding child care centers, I handled a similar request from someone moving to the area in late 2008. I compiled a list of child care/day care centers in the cities of DeSoto, Lancaster, and Cedar Hill that included contact addresses and phone numbers. If you would like me to send you that information, just let me know and I will send it by direct message.

Last edited by Acntx; 04-20-2010 at 10:06 PM..

Old 04-20-2010, 11:16 PM

1,193 posts, read 3,518,075 times
Zip code 75232 is in the SW part of the city of Dallas. The above suburban suggestions were good ones. If, however, you prefer an inner-city area that's not too far away, then take a look at zip code 75208. That zip would be a 5 or 6 mile commute down Westmoreland Rd. Within that zip are a few neighborhoods that are very popular. Kessler Park & Stevens Park are very beautiful, upscale neighborhoods just south of I-30 and a couple miles west of Downtown Dallas. Winnetka Heights in the same zip code is also a great area with lots of families. It's one of the largest historic districts in Dallas and it features early 20th century Prairie style homes. All of these 'hoods have tons of character and are close to the heart of Dallas. Private schools will probably be necessary in any of these areas (and in some of the aforementioned suburbs). If you are interested in living in the city not too far from 75232, then take a look at these websites:

The Neighborhoods of Oak Cliff
Kessler Neighbors United
Winnetka Heights Neighborhood Association » Photos
http://www.bishopartsdistrict.com/
http://thekesslerschool.com/

Old 04-21-2010, 10:25 AM

3 posts, read 8,604 times
Thank you everybody, I heard Highland park and lakewood areas are nice, how bad would the commute be. I would appreciate your responses.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:53 AM

1,193 posts, read 3,518,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlesriver View Post
Thank you everybody, I heard Highland park and lakewood areas are nice, how bad would the commute be. I would appreciate your responses.
Both HP and Lakewood are great areas, but the commute would be more complicated because you would have to go through the Downtown Dallas mixmaster to get to SW Dallas. There are ways to avoid the freeways to get there, but it's still quite a schlep getting to 75232 from either of those areas. If you are traveling during typical rush hours to/from either location, then I would anticipate about a 45 minute commute via the freeways. OTOH, Kessler Park (which has a lot in common with Lakewood) would be about a 15 minute commute on the main roads.

Old 04-29-2010, 03:04 PM

4 posts, read 10,689 times
I live in Highland Park and commute all over the place for work, especially Ellis County. I have never experienced traffic on South I-35, so don't worry about that. Definitely check out Kessler Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas