U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 10:30 AM

20 posts, read 80,432 times

Advertisements

Hi

Has anyone lived on Campus UTD housing:

in Waterview Apt
or
University Housing Apt

How was your overall experience? in terms of access to town, local shopping/grocery areas.

How much was the electricity bill for Waterview apt/ month?

Does university housing rent include electricity

I am single female, will be attending UTD. I am a bit concerned over safety. Is it a totally remote area or there is some sign of life

I will be buying a car

Any advice would be helpful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 11:29 AM

11,917 posts, read 22,182,002 times
I thought yesterday you were attending El Centro?

Old 04-21-2010, 12:03 PM

16,092 posts, read 36,508,823 times
I don't know if this still applies but your post jogged my memory about this story:

The Dorm From Hell - Page 1 - News - Dallas - Dallas Observer

http://www.dallasobserver.com/2005-0.../better-homes/

Old 04-21-2010, 01:06 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,076,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
I thought yesterday you were attending El Centro?
I thought the same. I even answered the other thread she created xD

Old 04-21-2010, 02:06 PM

Arrow confusion

sorry guys for confusion.

I am yet to decide which college to attend: based on the pre admission evaluation by UTD which I will get later

I am just weighing my options before I move

Thanks for the help

Old 04-21-2010, 05:18 PM

339 posts, read 1,292,556 times
I cannot speak to how nice the housing is on campus. But all the features and amenities included in rent, re: your elec question, can be found online....had no problem locating that info for the 3 UTD communities. You just click through on pricing, features, floorplans, etc for each property. Housing at UT Dallas

Check out the FAQ since it outlines how to find "what's included in my rent".

However, for just general area info I can vouch it's a safe, family-centric area with ample shopping. Super Target, Sprouts and Tom Thumb are in the immediate area (walkable even) and there is higher-end grocery shopping to be found within 2 or 3 miles at Central Market and Whole Foods. The intersection of Campbell and Coit, just two stoplights W of the campus is a bustling with restaurants and shopping on each corner. (The W side of Coit is in Dallas, the E side in Richardson.)

The general campus area sees a lot of joggers and cyclists and is adjacent to one of the better Richardson neighborhoods, Canyon Creek. So it's definitely not remote, no worries there. The links Lakewooder provided seemed mighty scary to me, but it's a 5 year article and HOPEFULLY they've improved. But again, I personally wouldn't worry about the general area.

Old 04-21-2010, 05:26 PM

199 posts, read 429,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I don't know if this still applies but your post jogged my memory about this story:

The Dorm From Hell - Page 1 - News - Dallas - Dallas Observer

Better Homes - Page 1 - News - Dallas - Dallas Observer
Seems like that could apply today. I have had many friends attend UTD, and who stayed in the dorms.

I don't know their exact reasons... however, about half of them have moved from the dorms back with their parents or to a nearby apartment complex. Just some thought.

Old 04-22-2010, 02:02 AM

Thank you all for the feedback

Old 04-22-2010, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacvb1974 View Post
I cannot speak to how nice the housing is on campus. But all the features and amenities included in rent, re: your elec question, can be found online....had no problem locating that info for the 3 UTD communities. You just click through on pricing, features, floorplans, etc for each property. Housing at UT Dallas

Check out the FAQ since it outlines how to find "what's included in my rent".

However, for just general area info I can vouch it's a safe, family-centric area with ample shopping. Super Target, Sprouts and Tom Thumb are in the immediate area (walkable even) and there is higher-end grocery shopping to be found within 2 or 3 miles at Central Market and Whole Foods. The intersection of Campbell and Coit, just two stoplights W of the campus is a bustling with restaurants and shopping on each corner. (The W side of Coit is in Dallas, the E side in Richardson.)

The general campus area sees a lot of joggers and cyclists and is adjacent to one of the better Richardson neighborhoods, Canyon Creek. So it's definitely not remote, no worries there. The links Lakewooder provided seemed mighty scary to me, but it's a 5 year article and HOPEFULLY they've improved. But again, I personally wouldn't worry about the general area.
Thank you for the reply. May I ask did you attend the UTD if you did may be you can give your feed back on the instituition. I am interested in accounting. Any suggestions

Old 04-22-2010, 02:33 AM

339 posts, read 1,292,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pencil787 View Post
Thank you for the reply. May I ask did you attend the UTD if you did may be you can give your feed back on the instituition. I am interested in accounting. Any suggestions
No, I'm sorry I did not. I just live very near the campus so wanted to offer my feedback on this area of Richardson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or