U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 10:35 AM

3 posts, read 14,646 times

Advertisements

We are possibly moving to Frisco from north Atlanta area, and I was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas of good family neighborhoods to look at...I have seen several mentions of Stonelake Estates, but seems to me that there are lots of homes for sale there. Why is that? Also saw Turnbridge Manor, but can't find any info on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Stephanie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2007, 11:05 AM

13,789 posts, read 7,185,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunter4 View Post
We are possibly moving to Frisco from north Atlanta area, and I was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas of good family neighborhoods to look at...I have seen several mentions of Stonelake Estates, but seems to me that there are lots of homes for sale there. Why is that? Also saw Turnbridge Manor, but can't find any info on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Stephanie

Here's a homeowner's link for Turnbridge Manor...hope this helps!

http://www.turnbridgemanor.com/

Old 06-11-2007, 12:03 PM

6,585 posts, read 22,384,279 times
You also might want to pop over to frisco online dot com for Frisco only kinda information.

Old 06-11-2007, 12:39 PM

3,035 posts, read 13,021,868 times
Quote:

Thanks!
Stephanie

Stonelake is still being built out, so there should be alot for sale there. Nice area with good builders. However, it's in far east Frisco. Once that far east, I like Stonebridge Ranch better (great family area).

If your looking for a great 'family' area, take a look at the Trails of West Frisco. Probably one of the most family friendly areas I've come across in north dallas.

To be honest, Collin County in general is suburban utopia, so there are literaly tons of nice family fiendly areas. You may need more criteria than this to narrown your search down.

Old 06-12-2007, 07:48 AM

Which areas are near the best schools and will have the best resale value? The area I live in now in northern Atlanta sounds very much like Frisco...we have a community pool, tennis courts, close to the schools, churches, etc. I just want to be in a neighborhood that will hold its value and that I can get myself and my family involved in. I do believe that pricing there is more than here...I currently live in a 4 bd, 4 bath home with a partially finished basement that we built and paid 287k for. Any thoughts on pricing?

Old 06-12-2007, 08:47 AM

549 posts, read 1,972,731 times
Quote:
Which areas are near the best schools and will have the best resale value? The area I live in now in northern Atlanta sounds very much like Frisco...we have a community pool, tennis courts, close to the schools, churches, etc. I just want to be in a neighborhood that will hold its value and that I can get myself and my family involved in. I do believe that pricing there is more than here...I currently live in a 4 bd, 4 bath home with a partially finished basement that we built and paid 287k for. Any thoughts on pricing?

How much are u looking to spend?

Frisco has a lot of choices.

Old 06-12-2007, 01:30 PM

2,259 posts, read 8,631,187 times
We have friends that moved into The Trails in Frisco, they like it very much. It's very family oriented and I believe has an elementary school within the development and a brand new high school. Traffic is awful out that way tho, until the infrastructure is expanded, you'll have some growing pains concerning traffic, just to get around the Frisco area or if need to get to one of the main arteries that leads to Dallas.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:13 PM

we are looking to stay in the neighborhood of no more than 350s...

Old 06-12-2007, 02:32 PM

583 posts, read 2,359,708 times
Hi Shunter4-

I am a native Atlanta girl about to make the move to Mckinney next week. (I am currently in SC) I am guessing from your previous post you are currently living in the Gwinnett/Fulton/Forsyth area. I thought I would share what I know about the area you are moving to. (full disclosure I have only been to Dallas on my house hunting trip which took about 4 days) The traffic did not seem any worse off in Frisco than the area around Mall of Georgia. Frisco's mall area also has a baseball field where the Roughriders (spelling ??) play. Looks all very new and like a cool place to hang out with your kiddies on a Firday night. I thought it had a VERY similar vibe to the Mall of Georgia if you added on the Gwinnett Forum (where they have the ice rink). The Frisco and Mckinney areas are both really nice. I ended up in Mckinney just because I thought the area was a little less congested and IMO was prettier. I think you will also be happy with how far your dollar will go in the Dallas area. You will be able to find a 4br/4bath home in your price range. The one thing I was SHOCKED to see is the yard size. (Especially if you are up by Lanier and have a large lot). We went to one home in Frisco and the yard was the size of a kitchen--yikes! Less trees then Atlanta but not horrible. Also, be prepared for the Mexican food in Dallas--Yummy--BUT no white cheese dip. I myself have a one a week habit of chips and cheese dip but it is different out there. (I heart Frontera's in Atlanta) Good luck with the move!

Last edited by scyogi; 06-12-2007 at 02:51 PM..

Old 06-12-2007, 06:44 PM

3,035 posts, read 13,021,868 times
If you like cheese in, on, around and to dip you Mexican food in, this is the place. When I order dishes without cheese, the eaitress becomes very confused. I think this is the Tex-Mex (or someone said Texican) way of doing things. But coming from the East Coast, it sure beats places like Chi-Chis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or