U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2010, 07:06 AM

339 posts, read 1,294,072 times

Advertisements

I'll be driving through Paris tomorrow around lunch time. Makes as much sense to eat something close to home before I take off, but that's just not as much fun. So was wondering if any C-Ders familiar with the area had some suggestions for a not to be missed mom and pop restaurant?? Yelp is usually helpful but thought I'd try here first.

I'm an adventurous eater so open to all non-chain spots.

TIA!!

Mods, feel free to move if I should have posted in the Main TX forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 09:31 AM

686 posts, read 2,146,733 times
24th Street Cafe is good: 24th St. Cafe | Facebook

Jaxx Hamburgers downtown is pretty good: Jaxx Burgers Paris Tx Restaurants

Old 04-29-2010, 10:36 AM

16,092 posts, read 36,565,737 times
There's also this if you like late breakfast, chicken fried steak, banana pudding/pies:

McKee's 24 Hour Family Restaurant - Paris, TX

Ta'Molly's is a small chain but really not bad (also on E. Loop) - we always laugh about the name..

Both my grandmothers and many cousins, aunts and uncles lived in Paris for decades. Unfortunately these days I must visit them in the cemeteries..so I don't get much feedback on the food in Paris.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:02 PM

1,194 posts, read 3,099,313 times
Ahhhh....... April in Paris!

Old 04-30-2010, 02:24 AM

339 posts, read 1,294,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas native View Post
Ahhhh....... April in Paris!
I know it's always been my dream to visit the City of Light in Spring!! But looks like I may have to settle for banana pudding pies.

Reminds of me of last summer when I was in Miami. Miami, Oklahoma that is. My friends suddenly weren't so jealous, lol. Word of advice, do not eat 'Mexican' food in NE Okla!!

Truly appreciate the restaurant suggestions, guys. Sounds like I'll be able to locate some tasty vittles. And Lakewooder, am sort of embarrassed to say I've never been to Paris in 35 years of living in the metro. Heard there's some neat old homes and history. Maybe I'll have time to explore when driving back home.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:54 AM

16,092 posts, read 36,565,737 times
Paris had a massive fire over 100 years ago and when they rebuilt they truly wanted to inject a cosmopolitan feel and indeed some of the early settlers were directly from Europe.

Church Street has the best homes (also there's a great park with a peristyle the next block west and some really nice eponymous 'churches') - but there are little hidden pockets all over - some amazing Craftsman homes are located in those..also do not miss the square downtown. It's very unusual for a Texas town. Sorry though, not much for a 'foodie' there..most of the food I remember was delicious home-cooked and funeral, reunion and church cakes, casseroles and the like...

http://pariskca.org/New_Employees/pa...ecreation.html - picture of Bywaters Park Peristyle and Culberson Fountain in the square. The park was named for the famous artist with Paris roots.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:10 AM

4,370 posts, read 11,441,470 times
There are some great homes in Paris. Can't give you much advice on food places since the wife pretty much sticks with Ta'molly's. I think it is average but that's my opinion. Her mother is such a great cook that we seldom eat out while visiting. The town square is pretty cool. It's your typical small Texas town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas