U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-04-2010, 09:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,301 times
Default Need feedback about buying a new house in grayhawk(frisco)

We are planning to buy a new house ( inventory or build option )
in the grayHawk community in frisco. Most of the new construction
seems to be around teel pkwy. There are 3 builders in this area
1) Mercedes Homes
2) Landon Homes
3) First Texas Homes

Have the following questions:
1) How are the schools in this area? As per greatSchools.net , they are good. Would like to hear from parents who have kids in the elementary school there?
2) How is the traffic during rush hours? really bad?
3) How is the area in general? I am moving there from out of state (CA)
4) Which builder among the three has a better reputation

Would appreciate feedback from people who have purchased either inventory home or are building new home in this area from the above builders.

Last edited by skulkarn10; 05-04-2010 at 09:48 PM.. Reason: title change
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 11:22 AM

10 posts, read 15,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skulkarn10 View Post
1) Mercedes Homes
2) Landon Homes
3) First Texas Homes

1) How are the schools in this area? As per greatSchools.net , they are good. Would like to hear from parents who have kids in the elementary school there?

Would appreciate feedback from people who have purchased either inventory home or are building new home in this area from the above builders.

Hi

Have a look at this survey by JD Power.

Ratings | J.D. Power (http://www.jdpower.com/homes/ratings/home-builder-customer-satisfaction-ratings/dallas,-ft.-worth - broken link)

As far as traffic where will you be commuting to? The traffic situation has recently improved with the opening of new roads. Access to the tollway is fairly easy.

I would highly recommend that you use the services of a Realtor. The Realtor will work with the builder on YOUR behalf. The sales people that work for the builders have the builders best interests at heart. It's always better to have your own represenation.

Moderator cut: against TOS for a realtor, no signatures allowed

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 05-05-2010 at 01:12 PM..

Old 05-05-2010, 01:11 PM

16,280 posts, read 29,932,858 times
My son moved into a new Landon home about 5 weeks ago and I recently visited. The design and finish details are very good. They had a few minor problems that were fixed right away. His realtor told him Landon was well respected in the area. Don't know anything about the others.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:12 PM

11 posts, read 17,519 times
I cant answer about the builders, but I can about the area and schools.
Our kids go to the next school south of that editions elementary, and the Frisco schools are great. We noticed a big difference between here and Indiana. It seems they have more group activities, like events before school starts with the entire school participating.
The Greyhawk area is ALL NEW. Frisco is almost all new. If you like the "new" look, you will love it.
Traffic is not bad in Frisco as the big roads were built with the future in mind. Will you be taking the Dallas Tollway to work? This town was built for kids. So many events, entertainment centers, Pro soccer team, minor league baseball, sports all year round.

Old 03-13-2011, 08:38 AM

1 posts, read 1,567 times
Default feedback on landan homes

Which one did you ultimately buy? We are trying to find if Landon homes build good quality homes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skulkarn10 View Post
1) Mercedes Homes
2) Landon Homes
3) First Texas Homes

Old 03-13-2011, 05:48 PM

3,949 posts, read 9,142,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiandnafi View Post
Which one did you ultimately buy? We are trying to find if Landon homes build good quality homes.
Since it looks like the OP hasn't come back from May of last year, I thought I'd drop you a note and give you some feedback on Landon Homes.

They are a good builder. I am personally not a big fan of their floorplans and their upgrades if you are building from scratch are pretty pricy. You will get a much better deal if you are considering a spec home.

Naima
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas