U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 11:01 AM

14,874 posts, read 36,242,086 times

Advertisements

Actually Garland and Mesquite are the two closest large cities to Rockwall. Both are really easy to get to but Mequite around Town East Mall is CONGESTED! It is also not a great mall anymore, imho. Garland has a new mall, Firewheel Town Center located on Hwy 190 at Hwy 78. VERY EASY to get to from Rockwall. On I-30 across the lake from Rockwall on the Garland side is a new development w/ Bass Pro Shops, County Line BBQ and several other restaurants all w/ docks to pull up to and enjoy their decks and grab a bite to eat. A hotel is planned for that area too. On the Rockwall side there is a new development w/ a nice movie theater with shops and restaurants all waterfront w/ docking available. The restaurants there right now are Gloria's, Ruby Tuesday, Dodies with a Which Wich and another place opening soon.

Yes, the Rockwall area has new developments w/ horse stables and trails. Here are a few that can be found on realtor.com and one is called Chisholm Ranch.

REALTOR.com: Find a Home - Listing Detail

There are MANY more areas that allow horses out there.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORSEGIRL View Post
that is around Pilot Point and Aubrey area. I have been looking for two years and thought a house with alittle land seemed pricey over there. also I checked and dont think that lake has marinas and our boat is on the big side, so has to be docked somewhere. where we dock and boat now is 45 min away. kind of a pain when we want to go, so our boat doesn't get much use, plus with gas being over 4$ a gallon at the marina, puts a damper on having fun. Lake Lewisville looked like a fun boating place, but not much for horses.
You also don't want to be on Lake Dallas (as us natives refer to Lake Lewisville - somewhere along the way in the last 15 years it changed names, lol). It is VERY CROWDED!!!! There are a few marinas on that lake but it is a VERY BUSY lake as it is soooo close to too many people. Too easy to get to for a little bit of trouble . Lake Ray Hubbard is kind of crowded but not near as bad as Lewisville. I grew up going to Lake Dallas and now you could not pay me to get out on that lake.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:10 AM

41 posts, read 135,692 times
thanks some good info on the lakes. I did check out the Harbor website, where all the new shops are. looks fun. I will also checkout that website you sent me. most of the realtors I talk too, dont really know what are good horses areas or developements. thanks again.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:00 PM

670 posts, read 2,674,016 times
DFWMom is so right about Lake Lewisville. We used to boat and we'd rather drive farther out. It was too crowded and IMO dangerous because of well drinking and boating.

One thing I do adore is at least in North Texas you really are NOT rushed to "buy" anything because while property may go up, it's not going to go up so significantly in our experience that it makes it undoable 6 months to 2 years from now.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:53 PM

80 posts, read 377,747 times
Quote:
thanks some good info on the lakes. I did check out the Harbor website, where all the new shops are. looks fun. I will also checkout that website you sent me. most of the realtors I talk too, dont really know what are good horses areas or developements. thanks again.
also check out kayak.com - I got my tickets for like $250. They're $299 now, SFO - DFW being the cheapest.

You're 40 minutes outside of Sacramento? Yikes. Yeah, real estate market up there has been kind of crazy these days... I lived up there for several years.

Old 10-09-2007, 03:12 PM

1,098 posts, read 3,851,297 times
Quote:
that is around Pilot Point and Aubrey area. I have been looking for two years and thought a house with alittle land seemed pricey over there. also I checked and dont think that lake has marinas and our boat is on the big side, so has to be docked somewhere.
Lake Ray Roberts does have a marina - home page - they can handle up to a 55' powerboat. It's on the west side of the lake.

Old 10-09-2007, 04:42 PM

That is one positive thing about California. real estate is like gold here. cheap track houses were going for 600k - 800k for around 2400 sf. is that nutts or what. way out of control. this was last year. now they are trying to get 300k and things aren't moving.

Old 10-09-2007, 04:45 PM

example. there is a junker house up the road from me, it is really to blow down in the next wind storm, on a quarter of an acre and they want 360k.
it is a total knock down house, but the area that we are in is very pricey. wasn't 7 years ago, no one wanted to live out here. funny how things work.

Old 10-09-2007, 04:51 PM

Quote:
example. there is a junker house up the road from me, it is really to blow down in the next wind storm, on a quarter of an acre and they want 360k.
it is a total knock down house, but the area that we are in is very pricey. wasn't 7 years ago, no one wanted to live out here. funny how things work.
Same thing in the Dallas metroplex when it comes to growth. When my parents got married back in 64 my dad wanted to move out to a spot he found in Hebron, TX. Back then it was a speck on the map w/ a small general store, baptist church and cotton farms all around it. My mom told hime in no uncertain terms, "NO! There will NEVER be ANYTHING out there". Come around 1977 my parents moved us to a house not 2 miles from there in a fairly new sudivision. Now, OMYGOSH! Hebron barely exists today and it is jam packed all the way around from development w/ Carrollton, Lewisville and Plano. BTW, Hebron is just slightly southeast of Lake Lewisville.

Old 10-09-2007, 05:09 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,779,846 times
Hey that is "Lake Dallas", Mom..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or