U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 07:02 PM

1,297 posts, read 3,809,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysrodgers View Post
Don't let the "sour grapes" spoil it for you. I have to warn you though, this isn't a very welcoming area to out-of-staters.
Quote:
Well that sure wasn't very friendly....basically telling them they're nothing special, then welcome to Texas??

I swear I don't know where people's manners are in the metroplex.
It's because things are coming to a head. No one minds the occasional transplant here and there. But when they came in waves, thousands upon thousands, a way of life is threatened, no matter what the newcomers may bring that's positive.

I know some people don't care about a particular way of life or a certain culture but others do and when that's threatened and/or made fun of or criticized, look out! It's fightin' time!

Old 12-29-2007, 08:36 PM

6,848 posts, read 9,827,513 times
Quote:
Well that sure wasn't very friendly....basically telling them they're nothing special, then welcome to Texas??

I swear I don't know where people's manners are in the metroplex.
And, I don't know why you feel the need to comment so negatively on ANYTHING I have to say... but you did!

It's not like they're coming to a one-horse town without incredible doctors and teachers here already, among millions of other quite accomplished and notable people!

Maybe I was just letting them know that they would be among other great "special" company once they're here and would fit right in!?!
Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or