Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 05:36 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,869,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Hey that is "Lake Dallas", Mom..
I know and I have a TERRIBLE hard time calling it "Lewisville Lake". shakes head

Alas, I'm afraid that if I still called it Lake Dallas many would be wondering where this HUGE lake is located in the Dallas City Limits . Especially when describing the 100's of drunken boaters on the lake everyday, Sneaky Pete's, the campground, the old parks where parties were held on late nights by teenagers, the Interstate bridge that crosses over it and the near famous soon to be toll bridge. Heaven help us we don't want ALL THAT on White Rock Lake

Old 10-10-2007, 07:33 AM

41 posts, read 154,069 times
wow lake lewisville sounds like a party spot. not for me, want a nice quite lake that we can enjoy with my daughter. dont want to have to worry about drunks. do they have patrols on the lake? It is a law here not to drink and boat, but people still do. the sheriff patrols were we boat. Well we actually got some rain here in California. How is the weather there?

Old 10-10-2007, 08:01 AM

1,298 posts, read 4,286,773 times
I believe there are lake patrols. Not all the lakes are party lakes, though, there is always something in the news each summer about Lake Lewisville and the police!

The weather now is finally starting to cool down a little. 80's this week with the nights cooling down to the 60's.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:43 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,155,936 times
I think most of the lakes are quiet during the week. I know at Texoma I dread the weekend jet-skis which cause cacophony in our quite cove.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:16 AM

4 posts, read 9,404 times
my husband is there in texas already and we're hoping that the kids & i could follow him there by next year. we're just waiting to sell our house here in california so we could buy a new house there in texas. what are the nice cities to look into when buying a new house? my husband is working at the dallas county so we want somewhere a little closer to his work but a quiet area with good schools and nice community pools & playgrounds for our kids.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:21 AM

Check out Lakewood, Dallas, Texas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lakewood-Now.net - Dallas Texas - online community newspaper (http://lakewood-now.net - broken link)

Archives (http://www.advocatemag.com/archives/list_archives.php - broken link)

Old 10-15-2007, 05:41 PM

37 posts, read 91,076 times
Jesus Christ!!!!!Somebody make it stop. Enough outsiders here! Enough Transplants here! I know you get all giddy about reasonable housing, but this is Texas and we have a way of life here that we would like to somehow salvage and restore. This can not happen with so damn many Transplants coming here. There are actually people who welcome the 150,000 Katrina victims and the millions of illegal aliens here more than they do Californians and Midwesterners. (possibly because at least they know there is a chance that they may have to leave someday). But come on already, over population is never a positive thing. Those affordable houses that ya'll are so drawn to will be the slums in 10 yrs or less.

Last edited by lategreattex; 10-15-2007 at 05:54 PM..

Old 10-16-2007, 03:21 AM

1,379 posts, read 6,425,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lategreattex View Post
Jesus Christ!!!!!Somebody make it stop. Enough outsiders here! Enough Transplants here! I know you get all giddy about reasonable housing, but this is Texas and we have a way of life here that we would like to somehow salvage and restore. This can not happen with so damn many Transplants coming here. There are actually people who welcome the 150,000 Katrina victims and the millions of illegal aliens here more than they do Californians and Midwesterners. (possibly because at least they know there is a chance that they may have to leave someday). But come on already, over population is never a positive thing. Those affordable houses that ya'll are so drawn to will be the slums in 10 yrs or less.
Actually...its all about assimilation. Not everyone moves here for "cheap housing". I think what they find is if that is their only motivation, the do end up leaving because it is so different from where they came.

I am a new Texan and embrace all that Texas has to offer. Don't come here trying to make it something that you left because you got tired of it As far as I see it, Texas has always been a state about making a second "go of it". Its not for the weak of heart for sure...geesh, just driving around here will get ya a start!

Old 10-16-2007, 09:16 AM

Well personally, I welcome new people to discover the delights of Dallas. Just be sure to start saying "y'all" after a reasonable transition interval.

Old 10-17-2007, 01:21 PM

1,298 posts, read 4,286,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Well personally, I welcome new people to discover the delights of Dallas. Just be sure to start saying "y'all" after a reasonable transition interval.
LOL! Yes, some do start saying "y'all" but I personally know a couple of transplants who have been here for years and refuse to say it like it's a bad taste in their mouth. Well, by gosh, wash your mouth out with soap and get to practicing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas