Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 10:51 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times

Advertisements

Good Christian Belles Lands On ABC's Schedule. But Not This Fall. It's a Midseason 2012 Show. - Dallas News - Unfair Park
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 01:24 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,979,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Dallas Is the New L.A.: Chase and Lonestar Will Shoot Here. And, Bonus Good Guys Episodes! - Dallas News - Unfair Park

But two days after NBC surprised absolutely no one by picking up Jerry Bruckheimer's U.S. Marshals actioner Chase comes word that FOX has indeed placed an order for Lonestar -- the soapy drama about an oil man leading a double life that was known as Midland when it was shooting here with director Marc Webb and co-star Jon Voight earlier this year...

... The Good Guys, which debuts on Wednesday night on FOX, won't wrap in July after all. The buddy-cop comedy starring Bradley Whitford and Colin Hanks -- which, if the pilot's any indication, is kinda good -- was supposed to shoot here for only 13 episodes. That has changed: Apparently, FOX execs like the show so much they've added another seven eps on top of the initial order.
Is this a joke or something?

Calling Dallas "Hollywood" is an insult to the real Hollywood. You remind me of that guy off the movie Due Date trying to be so Hollywood its stupidly hilarious which brings me to the scene in which they actually show them driving through what is supposedly "Dallas" & whats shown on screen is nothing more than a dusty old dessert probably somewhere closer to West Texas or New Mexico in reality. Hows that for your "new Hollywood"?

This just proves my point Dallas always tries to be something its not, nor ever will be...LA, NYC, Chicago, London, Paris, etc. etc.

You know, all those World cities Dallas has tried to compare itself to in the past.

Its so plastic & fake I don't see how anyone with two eyeballs could not see right through that. The pretentiousness is in the very air Dallasites breathe & water in which they drink.

Quick question for you Lakewooder. Is Austin Hollywood now too because Sandra Bullock & her ex-husband have houses there? How about Houston with all of those space/science fiction themed movies filmed there over the years (Apollo 13 with Tom Hanks, Armageddon with Bruce Willis, Space Cowboys, Robocop 2, Independence Day, Reality Bites, Reba, Animal Cops, Cops, Rushmore, Urban Cowboy, Jason's Lyric, The Chase, Tin Cup, Best Little Whorehouse in Texas) or the medical show (Houston Medical) which aired on national television for a season or two? How about Shreveport, Louisiana they've filmed more movies there in the past 10 years than Dallas could ever dream of filming in 20.

Dallas needs a reality check, seriously & I'm not talking about another low budget reality TV show like Cheaters or the like that kinda got noticed outside of North Texas. Not even a widely popular fictional 80's TV series like DALLAS where only certain scenes were actually shot there or Southfork Ranch up in Parker (not Dallas), the rest in a Hollywood studio made to look like it was here.

Last edited by Metro Matt; 05-17-2011 at 02:12 PM..

Old 05-17-2011, 01:34 PM

827 posts, read 1,672,057 times
I guess MOST are now cancelled. Too bad as I did like Chase.

Ans I can concur that it takes a lot of people behind the scenes I remember watching all of em goin it when they filmed a few scenes for Jjmanji [Robin Williams film] The scene where they gang chases the kid on bikes in the first part of the movies down a fenced in road was righ in front of my house and the shoeshop was actually an old shoe shop/woolen mill in my hometown

Old 05-17-2011, 02:13 PM

419 posts, read 997,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Is this a joke or something?

Calling Dallas "Hollywood" is an insult to the real Hollywood. You remind me of that guy off the movie Due Date trying to be so Hollywood its stupidly hilarious which brings me to the scene in which they actually show them driving through what is supposedly "Dallas" & whats shown on screen is nothing more than a dusty old dessert probably somewhere closer to West Texas or New Mexico in reality. Hows that for your "new Hollywood"?

This just proves my point Dallas always tries to be something its not, nor ever will be...LA, NYC, Chicago, London, Paris, etc. etc.

You know, all those World cities Dallas has tried to compare itself to in the past.

Its so plastic & fake I don't see how anyone with two eyeballs could not see right through that. The pretentiousness is in the very air Dallasites breathe & water in which they drink.

Quick question for you Lakewooder. Is Austin Hollywood now too because Sandra Bullock & her ex-husband have houses there? How about Houston with all of those space/science fiction themed movies filmed there over the years (Apollo 13 with Tom Hanks, Armageddon with Bruce Willis, Space Cowboys, Robocop 2, Independence Day, Reality Bites, Reba, Animal Cops, Cops, Rushmore, Urban Cowboy, Jason's Lyric, The Chase, Tin Cup, Best Little Whorehouse in Texas) or the medical show (Houston Medical) which aired on national television for a season or two? How about Shreveport, Louisiana they've filmed more movies there in the past 10 years than Dallas could ever dream of filming in 20.

Dallas needs a reality check, seriously & I'm not talking about another low budget reality TV show like Cheaters or the like that kinda got noticed outside of North Texas. Not even a widely popular fictional 80's TV series like DALLAS where only certain scenes were actually shot there or Southfork Ranch up in Parker (not Dallas), the rest in a Hollywood studio made to look like it was here.
I think it was pretty clearly tongue in cheek and its a quote from the ZZ Top song, "Tush." Are you getting smashed at the Brookshires? Take a Zanax already!

I been up, I been down.
Take my word, my way 'round.
I ain't askin' for much.
I said, Lord, take me downtown,
I'm just lookin' for some tush.
I been bad; I been good,
Dallas, Texas, Hollywood.
I ain't askin' for much.
Take me back, way back home,
not by myself, not alone.
I ain't askin' for much.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:22 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,534,750 times
ZZ Top hasn't made its way to Tyler, Texas yet. It takes music, like everything else, about 40 extra years to get there. Matt will get the reference soon enough. Until then he can pout and rant and rave about Dallas's supposed delusions.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarenceBodiker View Post
ZZ Top hasn't made its way to Tyler, Texas yet. It takes music, like everything else, about 40 extra years to get there. Matt will get the reference soon enough. Until then he can pout and rant and rave about Dallas's supposed delusions.
I wouldn't be talking when there are still areas inside the City of Dallas that are still dry with their outdated liquor laws & Prince cancels a super bowl concert in Arlington for crying out loud!

BTW ZZ Top played some of their very first concerts at the Oil Palace in Tyler back in the day.

Lord help us as there are some who sure need it.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:29 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,534,750 times
No, there are not areas inside of the City of Dallas that are dry. Dallas voted, and it's all wet now.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:36 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't be talking when there are still areas inside the City of Dallas that are still dry with their outdated liquor laws & Prince cancels a super bowl concert in Arlington for crying out loud!

BTW ZZ Top played some of their very first concerts at the Oil Palace in Tyler back in the day.

Lord help us as there are some who sure need it.
You are so at the Brookshires getting smashed. At least, I hope you are.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarenceBodiker View Post
No, there are not areas inside of the City of Dallas that are dry. Dallas voted, and it's all wet now.
As of when? It had to have been after October 2010 when a WFAA article on Dallas being dry for many years was written.

About damn time the whole city went wet. All of these years & the 8th largest US city is now becoming wet. Pretty damn progressive I must say.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
As of when? It had to have been after October of last year when a WFAA article on Dallas being dry for many years was written.
What does drinking have to do with the ZZ Top quote and your overreaction to it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas