Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2010, 09:36 PM

2 posts, read 6,796 times

Advertisements

I am thinking about moving to Sachse. I noticed some houses in Sachse are in Garland ISD and some are in Wylie ISD. Which one is better? Also, has anyone heard about flood issues in Sachse Farms?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2010, 09:27 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,864,372 times
I'm partial to the Garland ISD. They have some really good programs and the schools are very good.

Old 05-16-2010, 11:21 AM

6,803 posts, read 14,023,558 times
I have no personal experience but think Garland is a better district overall because you have choice. This is not to say that Wylie is bad because it is not. I'm just simply saying a parent in Garland could send his or her child to the best schools in the district if the wanted. Not many districts around here give you that option. With Garland district you have to be more flexible. Wylie has a good district and I would have no problem at all with sending my child to school there. You simply don't have the options you have in Garland.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:15 PM

3,820 posts, read 8,744,124 times
I raised my DSD in GISD and have several employees who are recent graduates of WISD. Both are good districts. But I believe that GISD would be the better option. Sachse schools are really good. And probably have the closest feeling to a "small town/neighborhood school feel" in the entire district due to the MS and HS being so close together.

As Grainraiser said, you have more options so if you child needed a different environment, it is very easy to find a school that suits them. The only drawback is that you'd be on the outer edge of the district as opposed to someone in downtown Garland, but nowhere is really that far.

I believe that Sachse Farms is WISD and I know people in Murphy Farms that feed the same path as that neighborhood and are all very happy.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:40 PM

22 posts, read 64,406 times
we moved from richardson school district to wylie. i don't know about the garland school district. i've heard good and bad.

but, from personal experience, we love the wylie school district. cool little town too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas