U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 10:27 AM

11 posts, read 19,150 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Wylie in July and are expecting our first child in October.

Can anyone give us any good recommendations on daycare centers in the Wylie-Sachse area?

Thank you so much in advance!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 10:38 PM

22 posts, read 59,468 times
i haven't experienced the daycare in wylie...but the schools here are AWESOME. when you get here, i would suggest visiting each day care personally. that's what i did when my kids were little.

i just realized this wasn't helpful...apologies.

(i'm still posting though!)

Old 05-24-2010, 07:51 PM

251 posts, read 1,450,887 times
There are around 4 daycares in the wylie area we visited before we decided.Although alittle more expensive then others,We went with chldrens lighthouse on 544 because they seem to have a cleaner facility and have webccam(although freezes alot) installed as well so you may view your childs status.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:57 AM

4,191 posts, read 14,059,737 times
Brand new Montessori School opens up this year. The owner is a friend of mine, lots of experience in the teaching field. Close to Campbell and PGBT. They take kids from 2 months. New Century Montessori Academy | New Century Montessori Academy, it is still under construction but on target to open up this year.

Naima

Old 07-11-2010, 05:15 PM

138 posts, read 532,867 times
Try your best to stay home with your children. I lived in Wylie for 11 years, I used HighPoint (right next to Birmingham Elementary school, though my daughter at 5 did enjoy it after school, one night at dinner she told me she felt very sad at day care, I asked her why, she said because the teachers thump the 2 year olds on the back of their heads and make them cry. I went immediately to the director of the school, and teachers were fired for that. But you never know what goes on when little ones are too little to talk. Thankfully a 5 year old spoke up in their defense ,but what if she hadn't, maybe 20 years later that same teacher would be thumping two year olds on the back of their head making them cry? Try to stay home with your children, when mine were little I worked at night and husband worked days, and I babysat other people's kids. Do whatever you have to do - please don't take a helpless nonverbal infant to day care. Also be careful moving to Wylie if you are a person of color - it is known as a "sundown town" and they are racist. I had no idea when we moved there, but trust me the schools, government, and churches are racist and that pretty much influences everything. Sanden was a great place to work though - they are not at all racist.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:10 PM

1,637 posts, read 3,807,925 times
moving2tracy - why don't you chill out with all the "Wylie is racist" comments you're littering the forum with?

Old 07-11-2010, 10:32 PM

Hmmm Mr. Bungle did I strike a raw nerve there with you?

Old 07-11-2010, 10:34 PM

I'll continue to warn all I can... those that are racist will know that is the place for them... those that are of color will know to stay clear... I have to wonder why you are following me from thread to thread so upset over this? Are you part of the problem?

Old 07-12-2010, 08:38 AM

1,637 posts, read 3,807,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving2tracy View Post
Hmmm Mr. Bungle did I strike a raw nerve there with you?
No. You're just really annoying.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:20 AM

868 posts, read 2,447,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving2tracy View Post
I'll continue to warn all I can... those that are racist will know that is the place for them... those that are of color will know to stay clear... I have to wonder why you are following me from thread to thread so upset over this? Are you part of the problem?
If you don't like racism, don't move to Tracy:

Northern California KKK Information Meeting - Stormfront
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas