U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2010, 01:11 PM

70 posts, read 226,941 times

Advertisements

Does anybody have a recommendation for a house cleaner service or maid. They don't have to be bonded, insured, or anything like that. Just looking for either a company or individual who is honest, reliable, and inexpensive and does a good job as I'm a bit of a neat freak. With both myself and my husband working full time with a very active toddler. the house has gone to heck and back and I can't take it anymore!! I have a 1300 Sq ft, 3 Bdrm, 2 bathroom home that I'm looking to have somebody clean every other week. Hoping to stay around the $50 price range if possible but if that's wishful thinking, let me know, I can go up a little!

I live in Providence Village which is out by Aubrey, Little Elm, Mckinney, Denton, Frisco area.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:27 PM

1,917 posts, read 6,306,852 times
I have a lady that cleans my house but I don't think she'll go out there. We live in McKinney. Just from experience I don't think anyone will do it for $50. Maybe $75 since you have a small house. Just don't expect a "deep cleaning" such as cleaning ceiling fans, blinds, etc. My cleaning lady is wonderful but I live in a 3000 sq ft house and she does that for extra. What I do is have people come in and give me a quote and write down what exactly is most important to me (MY room and bath plus kitchen are tops).
Have you asked any of your neighbors?

Old 06-03-2010, 05:56 PM

23,611 posts, read 31,169,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny1981 View Post
Does anybody have a recommendation for a house cleaner service or maid. They don't have to be bonded, insured, or anything like that. Just looking for either a company or individual who is honest, reliable, and inexpensive and does a good job as I'm a bit of a neat freak. With both myself and my husband working full time with a very active toddler. the house has gone to heck and back and I can't take it anymore!! I have a 1300 Sq ft, 3 Bdrm, 2 bathroom home that I'm looking to have somebody clean every other week. Hoping to stay around the $50 price range if possible but if that's wishful thinking, let me know, I can go up a little!

I live in Providence Village which is out by Aubrey, Little Elm, Mckinney, Denton, Frisco area.
You may regret that if your housekeeper slips and falls on the wet floor (that she has just mopped) then sues you. Just sayin'.

Personally I have not been able to find any maid/service that is reasonably priced that isn't illegal. Sigh. Guess my principles will cost me here!

At your price point, I hope your Spanish is good.

Old 06-06-2010, 02:07 PM

184 posts, read 489,481 times
We have used this service for over 8 years now and they EXCELLENT!! Very professional and they leave the house looking like a show room.

Home

Give them a shot. Very friendly people

Old 06-06-2010, 08:35 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,714,695 times
Take the money that you would have spent on a maid ($1,300 per year ) and put it in your kid's college fund. Remind yourself every time you have to clean what you are accomplishing by doing so.

1300 sf with one kid does not require a maid.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:15 PM

23,611 posts, read 31,169,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobert View Post
Take the money that you would have spent on a maid ($1,300 per year ) and put it in your kid's college fund. Remind yourself every time you have to clean what you are accomplishing by doing so.

1300 sf with one kid does not require a maid.
I thought that too but I have 1820 sq ft, no kids, 2 cats, a live-in boyfriend, and a demanding job. Sometimes I am too tired to clean and when faced with choosing between getting in a workout or cooking a meal for the two of us and cleaning, cleaning loses out every time. Plus I do not want to spend my entire weekend cleaning. I understand where the OP is coming from. I don't have a housekeeper but I am seriously considering getting one. I hate to pay someone to do something I can do myself, but it's getting more and more challenging for sure. With a toddler...forget it. I'd have hired one ages ago.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:54 AM

70 posts, read 226,941 times
Thanks BidDGeek and others who offered helpful suggestions.
Jobert - First, we already started a savings fund for our son and a retirement fund for ourselves. Secondly, we only get two days a week to spend together as a family since both my husband and I work full time. We'd rather spend that time with each other and enjoying our son while he's still young and wants us around. Those years go by quick and I'd rather not look back 18 years from now and wish I'd spent more time playing with my kid or taking him to places like the zoo, museum, park, pool, etc instead of wasting a day cleaning ..and with a toddler, cleaning even a small house takes an entire day since I'm having to distract him while I try and clean. Spending the extra money on a housekeeper is completely worth it in my opinion.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:05 PM

171 posts, read 469,180 times
Try Dial-A-Maid...........

I just moved into a house and the psycho that lived here was a pig. It was so overwhelming--and that was empty--that I ended up hiring these people sight unseen for the next morning service.

The owner (Julie) was so very nice and she explained everything. They give their employees the option to have Saturdays off but she found 2 that would do mine. They did a great job and it was a deep "move-in" clean for $200--5.5 hours. They charge a higher rate on Saturdays than during the week.

Dial-A-Maid - Maid Service - Cleaning Service in Dallas, Highland Park, Lake Highlands, Lakewood, Richardson, Plano, Addison, Park Cities, Frisco, Irving, Carrollton, McKinney, Little Elm, Farmers Branch, Las Colinas, Coppell areas

Old 06-08-2010, 05:37 PM

46 posts, read 152,933 times
Jenny-
Well said and you certainly do not need to justify your reasons for a cleaning person. I am a working Mom of 1 and there is nothing like having someone else clean so you can enjoy your husband and child! Worth it!!!!!!

Old 06-09-2010, 04:00 PM

92 posts, read 248,757 times
Awesome, Fair price,bonded!!!!!

Robin Walker
214-395-2973

lady_walker_cleaning <lady_walker_cleaning@yahoo.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas